Hello all

Sue123

Aug 30, 2014
Nottingham
Hi,Im Sue & my Mum has dementia.
She has had it for a few years now. For a long time she lived on her own but last year i split from my partner & realised it was best if she lived with me. We recently moved into our new house at the end of March.
She has carers come in the week & also meals on wheels. Twice a week she goes to a day centre.
Since ive been living with her,ive noticed how much dementia has taken her away from us all.
Pretty sure she is getting worse so i will welcome any support & advice from this forum.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Hello Sue and welcome to the forum. You certainly will get the support you are looking for from the members on here. We are all going through the same thing and have a great deal of knowledge we are happy to pass on. Glad you found us and look forward to seeing you on the forum. You don't need to have a problem to post you can just come on for a chat or if things are bad, to have a rant. Everyone willing to listen whether for a chat or a rant.

Take care,

Jay

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Hi Sue, and welcome. As Jay has said you will get loads of support, advice, sympathy and friendship here, and hopefully a few laughs too, try the Tea Room for those! Take care, Jennie x

snoggy1one

Jun 4, 2012
Manchester
Welcome to Talking Point. I don't know what I would do without Talking Point. I have had so much support and advice given to me since I joined and sometimes it is such a relief to just type a massive rant or off load worries, problems and fears, when you cannot talk to others about things.

I have bored family and friends crazy with the many problems over the years that alzheime's has brought to my door and I feel I have friends online that I can off load to any time. It is a massive relief.

I am basically quite a shy and private person but online I can spill everything out that I wouldn't normally have the guts to talk about. Hope you can do the same. xxxxxx

Sue123

Aug 30, 2014
Nottingham
Welcome to Talking Point. I don't know what I would do without Talking Point. I have had so much support and advice given to me since I joined and sometimes it is such a relief to just type a massive rant or off load worries, problems and fears, when you cannot talk to others about things.

I have bored family and friends crazy with the many problems over the years that alzheime's has brought to my door and I feel I have friends online that I can off load to any time. It is a massive relief.

I am basically quite a shy and private person but online I can spill everything out that I wouldn't normally have the guts to talk about. Hope you can do the same. xxxxxx

Thank you. Like you,i am a shy & private person so it will be good to air my feelings on here with people who can relate!

Sue123

Aug 30, 2014
Nottingham
Hello Sue and welcome to the forum. You certainly will get the support you are looking for from the members on here. We are all going through the same thing and have a great deal of knowledge we are happy to pass on. Glad you found us and look forward to seeing you on the forum. You don't need to have a problem to post you can just come on for a chat or if things are bad, to have a rant. Everyone willing to listen whether for a chat or a rant.

Take care,

Jay
Thanks Jay. I often feel like having a rant. Im afraid i dont have much patience so find it hard dealing with my Mum. I always feel bad afterwards if ive shouted at her.:(

Sue123

Aug 30, 2014
Nottingham
Hi Sue, and welcome. As Jay has said you will get loads of support, advice, sympathy and friendship here, and hopefully a few laughs too, try the Tea Room for those! Take care, Jennie x

Thanks for the welcome. I will be sure to check out the tea room :)