Hello again

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
Well have not been here for a while as my laptop "died" 2 weeks ago.
I am now online with a much older model but able to log in.

regards
snuffy

C

Chesca

Glad you're back Snuffy.

Had the same problem but am now surrounded by such firewall and spyware (which found the blasted worm invader) that things are a lot better, thanks to Bruce's advice.

Hope all is well in your world.
Chesca

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hello Snuffy

yes, its lovely to see you're back with us. Sorry to hear about the PC. Fortunately, unless you are doing a lot of downloads, particularly of big things, it may not make that much difference in using an older PC.

....Chesca........ grief, now I have some other protection for the PC from 'spyware'. Nina's Internet Provider pointed to some software that would handle that, and I downloaded it and ran the demo version. That found a few premium rate dialling things had been planted at some stage, and since we both use our PCs for Internet banking and a lot more, I bought a 2 copy version for us and then cleaned my PC.

May not have been needed in reality, but we both feel safer now.

....which is more than I can say about the attack of the killer tits! For the past week or so, the room where I have my PC has sufered from frequent occasions when Great Tits land on the glazing bars and peck violently at the glass, as if trying to get in. [there's one doing it now!]

It is quite alarming - we have been afraid for the birds more than anything. Contacted the RSPB and they say it is quite normal and they sent me this url:
http://www.rspb.org.uk/birds/advice/birdwindows/birds_attacking_windows.asp

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hopefully not. Already I can't bath [Shivers] or shower [Psycho]. I'd not want to be confined to the house because of imminent bird attacks.

Picture attached of one of the attackers! He is out of focus because of the rate at which he was attacking the glass!

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 425

snuffyuk

Jul 8, 2004
Near Bristol
birds

Praps the poor little chaps are hungry!
there are feeders that attach to the window re suction caps. Worth a go?

snuffyuk

C

Chesca

Bruce! An attack of the killer whats? Am appalled? It's probably something to with the spyware! Despite the fortress I have built, a programme marked XXX managed to download itself yesterday. Couldn't bring myself to look at it as I had eaten earlier! and got shut. I just keep running the various gear and it's a revelation, have to say.

Have been right of sorts the last few days, but I suspect nothing that a little sunshine might fix.

Chesca

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Dear Brucie

Your tit tale raised a titter.

Perhaps Jude could send Ollie and his mates round to sort out your tit problem. Failing that, I saw a giant sized inflatable Christmas Robin today in
B&Q, it was the size of a small car, you could maybe attach it to the roof to intimidate said tits. Just a thought.

Actually, I found the photo quite scary, I'm a bit afraid of birds. Wouldn't like to be in your postition at all.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I'm checking through my various recipe books for a suitable sauce to use with roasted Blue Tit. Nowt so far. But, if it comes to a fight to the death - and I win - then I wouldn't want to waste the little chap.

Way back in the past, when Jan and I lived in a 3 storey town house in Essex, we arrived home one day to hear a strange noise from the bedroom [top floor].

Holding my woman behind me to protect her from whatever was in the room, I slipped bravely in....

....to find about 40 house martins flying around the room cra**ing all over. They had flown in through an open window.

I had to eject them, one by one, having grasped each of the little gits in my hand. I still have the lamp shades with the bird sh** on them.

In our next house, a couple of starlings flew down the chimney and I had to get them out too.

I have thought of building myself a big nest in a nearby tree and going to live there, so life would be easier for the little beggars.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Brucie I hereby strip you of the Braveheart title and rename you:
"Birdman of Alcatraz" or just plain old Brucie Birdman.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
Never thought I'd hear a man saying that!

Braveheart it is then. Suits you Sir.

Mjaqmac

Mar 13, 2004
You'll still be drooling over Samantha Carter then. All's right with the world again Braveheart.

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Hello...... things are getting a trifle smutty again...!

Be thankful it's only a case of the Killer Tits, it could just have well been the Wrath of God and a downpour of Norm's frogs.

Jude

C

Chesca

Speaking of killer tits, can anybody tell me where one can purchase a 38EE? Keep your stays staid!! Just simple research in the quest for a gift for a friend - must include lace, feathers are an option, always!!

Chesca