Helen and Alan

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Just looking at the photo gave me such a sense that today was about a celebration of Alan's life.

Although most of us never met Alan we all felt we knew him, so thank you for sharing that special moment with us.

May your God walk with you.

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen, that was just has it should have been, i loved the contents of the4x4 just wish i could have been there to say goodbye to Alan who had come so special to us, hope you are still at peace, i remember after trevs mums funeral i felt this void, till trev said would this be what my adorable mum wanted for you, i said no, you have been so strong thorughout this, give your self a bit of slack love pam

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
What a special family you all are Helen. This was so perfect for Alan and I am so pleased the day transpired exactly as you wanted it to. The photo is so sad yet so wonderfully endearing. Alan would have loved travelling in his own son's car. What a celebration of a special man's life. Hope you can rest peacefully tonight. God bless.

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
The photo made me cry Helen- but at the same time happy that Alan had all his dogs with him on his final journey.

Something about those photos of Alan with his animals and the love he showed them realy got to me.

I have been thinking about you and hope that you still feel his love around you.

You have been so strong, I wish I could have been like you but I was in a terrible state for a long time and still have bad days.

Love
Janet

Pescita

Oct 31, 2009
I'm so pleased that the funeral was just how you wanted it to be, Helen. Thank you for sharing the photo with us. It brought tears to my eyes & a smile to my face at the same time. How lovely that Alan's doggy family had pride of place beside him.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Once again Helen thank you for sharing your very precious personal moments.

"Life ends memories begin" I hope you find lasting peace in the days ahead.

With love

JayGee

Aug 23, 2009
kilmarnock ayrshire
Dear Helen
Thank you for sharing - it gave us a warm feeling
to see Alan's farewell do
However not farewell really as - Love is Immortal.
You take care now,
June

janlyn

Oct 19, 2009
gloucester
helen tears are falling down my face your final picture of alan has brought a sadness i cant explain im so glad our paths have crossed thinking of you with love as always:)

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Alan and I had talked about his or my funeral because of my mum being at the same place and having the family conduct it. However, we did draw the line and mother was transported by hearse. The funeral for Alan is what he would have wanted but would never dare do because he would have been 80 years old in June and tradition has some strong roots. I knew that if I pre-deceased him then he would have to struggle so much to carry out my wishes.

Early evening yesterday my daughter and son in law cooked for me whilst I listened to music and visited Talking Point. Then we sat and ate and talked and talked and it was one of those golden times:) We really touched each other's lives and then I slept like a log. My son in law has had to go home this morning but my daughter will stay until tomorrow. Today the sun is shining:)

Love

Bookworm

Jan 30, 2009
Co. Derry
You were my waking thought Helen & I too was pleased it is a nice day weather wise for you - we have some snow here too. I also was hoping you would have slept well. My first picture in my mind today was the animals going with Alan. Very beautiful.

Thinking of animals - I'm going to quickly dress & take some salt & grit left over from our last snow to the riding school where we go every Sat.

I will look in later & see what you have been doing today - with your positive approach I know you will create some activity that will contribute to your memory fitting for this special time.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Helen,

It crossed my mind that Alan's doggie family might accompany him on his last journey...your photo brought tears to my eyes.

Glad you have your daughter's company for a little longer...last night sounds perfect..golden times are precious and can't be planned, they just happen.

Wishing you a peaceful day...:)

Love xx

tillygirl

Jan 7, 2009
Tyneside
What a lovely thing to do to make it so personal and his dogs with him forever. I wish you peace and love for the future, you are a special lady.

Love, Tilly

DozyDoris

Jan 27, 2009
Suffolk
A Perfect Day...

A fitting send off on Alan's next journey....
"My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet"
Safe journey Alan xx

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
I'm so stupid

I didn't even notice it wasn't a hearse! All I saw was his lovely loyal friends, and that kept making me think of those lovely photos of him tending them all.
Helen even your peace now is reaching out to me and warming me, I wonder if others are feeling this? There is so much love radiating in all your posts I think the surplus is re-routed to make us all feel tingly too.

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Dear Helen - The service for Alan sounds as though it was entirely woven through with love. Beautiful. And some of that love spilled over into the evening with your daughter and son-in-law and made that a magical time, too. Thank you for sharing so much of it all with us.

Love, Nan XXX

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
Hi Helen

I am so glad that all went well for you yesterday - what a wonderful send off for Alan. Take good care of yourself.
Love Dibs ( Deborah) xxx