Helen and Alan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you:) Alan never let go of one of the little dogs throughout all the events of his last day on earth and I insisted that it stay in his hand throughout whatever they have to do and that it remain with him as he is lowered into the ground. It was the dog that the grandchildren bought him for Christmas and it barks, pants and wimpers when pressed:)

I have to admit that tomorrow is the day that I am not looking forward to. There are too many people - all with their own issues - and I wish I didn't have to consider anyone else for just one day!! It's no use telling me to forget other people because it would be like asking a fish to be happy out of water;)

Love

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this and will be thinking of you Helen. Put a little fence around yourself tomorrow to protect you from other people and their issues. Let them float over your head my love. You have enough issues of your own just now

All my love Tina

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
hopefully helen other people will put differences aside and let the day belong to you and allan just be yourself and just imajine that all us tpers are there by your side loving and protecting you xxx:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I love the basket Helen. It will be good for you to know the basket will `live` long after everyone has gone.

My meeting will be over as Alan`s funeral begins. I would have loved to have met him Helen.

Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I would have loved to have met him Helen.

That took me by surprise because it has always felt that you had met him!! I even had to stop and think! When I think of it, the only person on Talking Point to have met Alan is Beckyjan. I am so glad that she did. I remember him swinging on the cupboards in the kitchen with a twinkle in his eye.

Alan's life with dementia was shared on Talking Point and you all gave him value. You rejoiced in his achievements and you grieved at his hardships.

Love

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Will be thinking of you tomorrow

rcipp-13[1].jpg

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen i so know what you mean, i felt i had met Alan. your posts and photos made feel like i had met Alan, the pic that will stay with me , was of Alan swinging on the bridge, , but also your recent photos out on your bikes, loved Alans white polo necked shirts, can tell you Trevs are never that pristine, hope you manage some sleep tonight, at trevs mums funeral ( whom i adored) I became selfish and let my feelings take priorty over my need to look after others, hope you can tomorrow, the basket was an inspirational idea, can picture it in a few weeks..goodnight love pam

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Helen, My thoughts will be with you tomorrow, the next day and the days after as always. Others I am sure will look after you tomorrow. Be good to yourself too. God bless.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Helen:

I shall be thinking of you too, tomorrow, maybe with a little smile as I remember meeting Alan; he shared his choccies, showed me his family of dogs and swung on the kitchen cabinets! I am very proud to have met him.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I am more emotional this morning. It is so wonderful that you are able to talk about Alan. People seem to stop talking when someone dies and I just want to keep on talking about him as normal.

I loved the picture Nellbelles Helen:)

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think this is one of the special qualities of TP Helen.
We all have close ones with a terminal illness. We face death every day. We try to share the period leading towards death, the final weeks, days, hours.
We can give as much or as little of ourselves as we wish.
And we want the strength of TP to be all encompassing.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Good Morning Helen:

Its so picturesque here - a layer of snow but not likely to be disruptive.

You know that I felt the love and peace within your house emanated from you - may that go with you today.

Love Jan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
I have just read some of the beginnings of this thread and came across Bookworm Sue's quote which I shall carry with me into the day
"The bond of tears is the strongest bond of all"

By the way I haven't seen Bookworm Sue around for a little while!
Is she ok?
Love

julieann15

Jun 13, 2008
Leicestershire
Hi Helen
Just wanted to send you my love for today

Love Julie xx

PS I am worried about Bookworm- I have her personal email address and she hasn't responded to an email I sent her over a week ago.She has not been on TP since the 3rd Feb??

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Helen, I'm thinking of you and your family today and hoping that the day proceeds in peace and beauty. I'm sure it will. Love and hugs from Deborah xx