Helen and Alan

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
I'm sorry Helen, I couldn't find the right words earlier, I'm not sure I can now..please take great comfort from all the love you shared and knowing you did everything possible to help Alan through this awful illness..he can't be hurt anymore..that has to be a blessing...a really big hug to you and thank you for being there for me..please take care of yourself now

love Bronwenxx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Helen , hoping the peacfull aura is still surrounding you and you are given the strengh to cope with the coming days,

I would like to tell you all that I still feel wonderfully peaceful and actually 'happy'. I have to admit that it is a bit embarrassing at times as family and friends phone with a sombre voice and there I am chirpy as a cricket and then I try to exlain to them why I am so 'alright'!! My biggest worry is that people will feel that I am relieved to be free from Alan but this couldn't be further from the truth. People keep saying how much of a burden it was dealing with Alan and the dementia and I keep saying "no it wasn't a burden, it was wonderful and our lives became difficult but Alan had a huge value". I know that they can't hear me!! I still feel surrounded by peace and love (very 60's:D) but it is true. I still feel it is a victory and that dementia did not win. It would only win if our lives were devastated but they weren't!! Alan is ok and I am ok:):)

Dear Bronwen, from now on my focus is on the living. The dead can take care of the dead but it is the living that need all the assistance that can be given. You and your Trev are the living and you have my full attention and support as you live through such a difficult time.

Love

daisy99

Aug 30, 2009
Thoughts are with you

Helen,

I am really saddened to hear of your loss and that the end was not a more peaceful passing. Your courage and positivity has and will no doubt continue to keep other carers going as they read these posts. Deepest sympathy,

D

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Thank you Daisy. I forgot to mention that my sister-in-law, Lyn, has told me she is reading Talking Point and she thinks you are all wonderful:) She says she is amazed by the support that we offer to one another:) I am sure that if she ever came across anyone in life needing support with an issue regarding any of the dementias, she would recommend Talking Point;):D

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
The funeral is tomorrow at noon. I have just made a basket to place at the grave.

Alan's burial  basket Feb 2010.jpg

Love

bucko

Jan 28, 2009
Widnes
Helen, the basket is lovely. Will be thinking about you tomorrowand hope that peace and love continues to surround you. June x

Dibs

Jun 19, 2009
Hampshire
Dear Helen

The basket is lovely - my thoughts will be with you tomorrow.
Take care of yourself.
Love Dibs (Deborah) xxx

Bobi

May 1, 2009
Malage Spain
Oh Helen, I have just read your sad news about Alan and am so, so sorry for your loss but at the same time feel happy that Alan is now at peace. I have admired your strenth tremendously and wish that I had been blessed with your patience and undetstanding. Please know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Bobi xx