Helen and Alan

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
What an absolutely wonderful way to look at this Helen. I can alsmost feel the acceptance and peace emanating from your message. It may be that there will be very sad times, when you have deep pain in your loss, but you hold onto this feeling you have right now and it will see you through. What a fabulous lady you are, Alan was a very lucky man. He has left you with this gift of overwhelming love and peace. I can honestly say that after the sadness subsided I was so pleased that my dad was free of his mortal shackles, and I truly believe his spirit is elsewhere, happy, blissful and free. It is a great blessing to know this peace. xxxx

tillygirl

Jan 7, 2009
Tyneside
Dear Helen, I am so glad that you have found such peace. You did your absolute best for Alan. You shared such love and you will always carry that with you.

Love, Tilly

amy2512

Dec 11, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Helen I am so so sorry to read about Alans passing. I am crying for you and for him and for the terrible illness that you both endured. You write so beautifully, you are so compassionate and your love for your husband shines through above all else. You are an inspiration to me and I can only hope that I can be like you one day.

I hope you find peace and learn to live again when the time is right.

Much love, Amy

xx

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Good morning to you all:)

This is just a quick message to say that I slept well and I have woken up to the same feelings that I went to sleep with. I never expected to feel the things that I do -BUT I DO- and so does my daughter and anyone else that has been to my home. I feel the house is full of peace and love. I feel full of peace and love. It is actually wonderful and I have thought of both Norrms and Barry and can say that I am taken totally aback myself by this experience. It is nothing grand or noisy or busy just very gentle, calm and peaceful but it's like it is everywhere.

I woke up to the thoughts this morning that it would give Alan such peace to know that I am alright. My shackles are not totally severed as his are but the shackles on my spirit are severed. When he said 'goodbye' to me on the Thursday and we had that moment that was the last thing he could give to me and this is the last thing I can give to him. I will be alright - and more than alright. This experience has meant to me that the disease did not win in the end. Love won and life won.

I bet you will all think I have lost the plot but these are my true experiences as I sit here this morning and there is nowhere in the whole world that I would want to share them more with than my fellow TPers:)

Love to you all

Dear Helen,
I was so relieved to read the above. Having been away from the internet all weekend, I was (& am) so sorry to learn that Alan has died.

Like everyone else I wish to send you my sincere condolences, but your post this morning enables me to say what I feel - that I am glad Alan's "last days" were few, and that he is free from all pain & confusion now - and you are free from witnessing what you could not change or control.

Naturally, your emotions are likely to be in turmoil for many days to come, but I hope the strength & peace you expressed this morning stay with you through the ups & downs.

Love x

Attachments

• Bud rose - red.gif
    Bud rose - red.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 530

Bristolbelle

Aug 18, 2006
Bristol
Helen....

we had the same feeling when my Dad went and I'm sure it is angels coming to meet the deceased and take them back, and that when they go back they leave peace and love in the home they have left.
Don't be suprised by visitors - some beleive some don't, but I wouldn't mind betting Alan will be back to let you know he's ok real soon.

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Hello Helen, I am so pleased to read your calm and peaceful post today. I sincerely hope this is how you will continue to feel in the forthcoming time. As you aware there will be less calm days, but you will always know you and Alan shared a unique love which can never be taken away from you. You
did your absolute best and more in every single way. No co-incident Alan has left you with an inner strength and peace.God bless you.

donkey

Aug 16, 2009
sutton coldfield
dear helen, im so sorry that i havnt been around for you to give you support. i cant believe that your lovely allan has gone and am crying for you.im also glad that allan has now been released from this dreadful illness he had suffered enough god bless you helen and am sending you lots of love to get you through the next few days xxxx

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Dear Helen,

(I feel the house is full of peace and love. I feel full of peace and love. It is actually wonderful and I have thought of both Norrms and Barry and can say that I am taken totally aback myself by this experience. It is nothing grand or noisy or busy just very gentle, calm and peaceful but it's like it is everywhere, I woke up to the thoughts this morning that it would give Alan such peace to know that I am alright)

Your words portray the most beautiful sentiment to Alan with a deep understanding of the two perspectives and echo of the same thoughts that pass though my own mind every day (will my darling be alright) I pray to God Sumi has your own strength and I’m sure Norrms would say exactly the same thing.

BeverleyY

Jan 29, 2008
Ashford, Kent
Dear Helen

So sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

I am so choked by your posts and wish there could have been a more peaceful end for Alan.:(

Beverley x

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
"Love won and life won." That is simply beautiful, Helen.

You and Alan have both long been in my thoughts and will continue to be so.

Sending love, Nan XXX

janlyn

Oct 19, 2009
gloucester
hello helen,
i am so sorry alan has passed please accept my sympathy and lots of love .
im sorry i havnt been around its a long story which can keep.
im sending lots of love to you and hope you continue to be strong and remaine full of the love you had with alan thats one thing that can never leave you :) god bless helen xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Dear Jan,

sorry i havnt been around its a long story which can keep.

Your story is as important as anyone else's and I hope you will think about giving yourself some time to gather the support from the main forum that you might need:) I know that people have already taken to you and Lyn and sometimes it can help to be updated so that when you really need information or support people have more chance of knowing where you are coming from;) The most important thing of all though is that Talking Point works for you whatever way you choose to use it;)

Sending love to you and a (HUG) to both of you:)