Helen and Alan

susiesue

Mar 15, 2007
Herts
Dear Helen

What awful news and such a shock for you.

Words cannot express how sad I am for you both - you have always been there for me and now it's my turn to help you if I can.

You are continually in my thoughts and hope to speak soon.

Love

twinone

May 19, 2008
england
Hi Helen

Dont post very often but am so shocked and saddened by your awful news.

I loved seeing the pictures of Alan, he alsways looked so healthy.

I understand your feelings at this time, if you are anything like I was you will still be in shock.

Please know that I am thinking of you both at this very sad time.

Love
Janet

Beezed

Apr 28, 2009
Southampton
Dear Helen,

I am totally shocked at this terrible turn of events. Everything seems to have happened so quickly.

I will be thinking about you and Alan. So sorry.

Love,

Jeanne

Winnie Kjaer

Account Closed
Aug 14, 2009
Devon
Dear Helan and Alan
I am absolutely gutted for you and so terribly sorry to hear your devastating news. I Know you will find the very best care for Alan, but please also make sure you get the support and care you need for yourself. You are only human Helen, you have been on tenderhooks for days so never blaim yourself for reacting to Alan's needs. Please try to find some form of stability whilst Alan has his respite this is going to be a really hard journey but we are all here to support you throughout. My very very best wishes to you both.

DMWalker

Aug 14, 2006
West Yorkshire
Helen, my thoughts are with you and Alan, this is doubly cruel for you both.

The two of you are so well loved and respected by the amount of posts generated.

Love Dee

Pescita

Oct 31, 2009
Dear Helen

I am so sorry to hear your news.

My father was diagnosed with cancer four years ago. He had ended up in hospital after developing symptoms which we could never have guessed would lead to the eventual diagnosis of bowel cancer (with secondary tumours on his liver & lungs). He had never suffered any of the “typical” symptoms & had always been so fit & active. Everyone who knew him was so shocked. So I do understand a little of the devastation you must feel. In Alan’s case, his difficulties with language would have made it so much harder for him to communicate any symptoms to anyone, if he did have any at an earlier stage.

All I can say to you is accept whatever help & support is offered. If that means things are “taken out of your hands” for a while, so be it. You need time to rally your emotional & practical resources, & you need a rest. You will also be having to deal with the reaction of other members of the family to the news.

If you have a hospice in your area, they can be a fantastic source of support for both sufferer & carer. Our local hospice was a godsend, especially with home care towards to end of Dad's life. I’m sure your GP and/or the hospital will point you in the right direction for whatever services are available to you.

Much love to you & Alan xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Helen cannot think how to respond to this shock news, you will be strong because that is how you are, i feel bad because i was jealous of how well Alan appeared to be on the surface i am so sorry, i am around anytime you might need an ear or just to let it out,sending all my love to you both, dont often pray but will be having a chat with the big fella tonight, love pam

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Helen

(((Hugs)))

Please try and get some rest. It is devastating news which you have received and you need time to become accustomed to it.

Thoughts go with you both,

Love

Mameeskye

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Helen

so sorry to hear of the events of the day.

I've been all over the place and only had the iPhone, so TP wasn't something I could check sensibly.

My thoughts are with you both.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I have come to this thread very late and as with everyone else was stunned by the news. Thinking of you both and pray for strength for you Helen for the coming days. Izzy x

janlyn

Oct 19, 2009
gloucester
dear helen ,
im so sorry for you both just want to say that we will be here for you shout cry whatever you need to do we will all be with you love and hugs

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
Helen sorry to hear your sad news hope you get all the help you need dont need to tell you we are always here for you make sure you look after your self love larivy

Attachments

• a_big_hug_4_u[1].jpg
    a_big_hug_4_u[1].jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 490