Hectic 48 hours with calmer waters in sight

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
After all the heartache and trauma of this awful 2 weeks the last 48 hours have renewed all my hopes. Firstly, flowing from the doctors visit last Tuesday and phone call from him Thursday, and then his call yesterday to tell me that the Rapid response team were on their way, they came within the hour and were wonderful. All kinds of tests with Pauline and wonderful way with her and then me, what do I need, have I got, do I want and they are on their way! Positive statements one after another. Then another team today to tidy loose ends and tell me someone will call to set up a care plan tomorrow. As well as that my wonderful youngest daughter, a full time LD nurse, came back off holiday and has been here for hours in between going of and sourcing the ‘female things’ that we men don’t know about or think about and she will be back tomorrow. How she does all she does is beyond me as she has 5 kids aged 18 - 6 and the young one has learning difficulties, plus 2 daft dogs and a dafter (but wonderful ) husband. Today I can count blessings not dark clouds so thanks to TP, the NHS and family support.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
It just takes a bit of support to give us the ability to face the future. This is a hard road looking after a person with dementia and few of us can do it alone. Now you have the comfort for a while of knowing others are there for you.

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Good to hear @Agzy, it's been a difficult time, pleased you are getting some effective support ?

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
So pleased for you @Agzy, you've been going through such a bad time but you sound so much better in this post. What a difference a little support and understanding makes.

Agzy

Nov 16, 2016
Moreton, Wirral. UK.
My daughter continues to be my rock and her experience as a Leaning Disability Nurse has been so helpful plus the fact we both love the bones of her x

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
My daughter continues to be my rock and her experience as a Leaning Disability Nurse has been so helpful plus the fact we both love the bones of her x
Sometimes life is beautiful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart