Heaven just got better...

Sabato

Jan 18, 2006
Sardinia
My mum passed away in her sleep a month ago. My sister in Australia & myself in Italy weren't there. Elaine at the nursing home phoned me and I just knew straightaway what she was going to say.. I shouted I don't want to know!!! Elaine said she would have warned us so we could have been there, but it was broncopneumonia so very quick.
What do you do when your mother dies... you're ripped apart, very feelings, thoughts and actions.

My sister wrote a special poem that was read out and a friend wrote a farewell saying heaven just got better. She was so special.. my schoolgirl friend said she was the perfect mother. We knew, oh yes we knew that.

I've got memories to last until we meet again and lovely reminders of her of photos of her life.

I feel that I've been grieving for my mother a long time since she got Alzheimers & seeing her deteriorate is heart breaking.

It's only now that I can write words down & now I'm crying at the other messages posted. You all are so caring and loving that I wanted to thank you for helping me by reading what others have gone through and their pain. We all should help each other and this is what this site has shown me.

A very big thank you & I wish you all the love that you deserve.

Regards,
Sabato

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sabato, so sorry for the loss of your mum. It was sad that you and your sister were not able to be there, but it was so sudden, your mum would not have known, and there is nothing you could have done.

Your mum sounds to have been such a lovely lady. It's so special when people outside the family say how wonderful she was. She obviously loved you and your sister so much, as you loved her.

Cling on to your memories, your mum will always be in your heart.

Thank you so much for your lovely post, and post again whenever you feel you want to.

With love and sympathy,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Sabato,

Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.

Your warm and sensitive post is a fitting tribute to a mother who was so dearly loved.

Please feel welcome to TP in the future, if ever the need is there.

Take care

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
My thoughts are with you in your time of great sadness. I think the phrase "Heaven just got better" is a lovely way to sum it up and a comforting thought for others in the same situation.