Heaven bound...........

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Yesterday my poor old mum waved me goodbye and with a lovely smile said, I'll see you tomorrow mum. Early this morning I said goodbye to her for the last time.

Mum was found at 11pm last night on the bedroom floor of the C/H with a pillow under her head and one over her face the carer got her up and sat her on the bed she checked for injuries and mum was very confused dizzy and vomiting and calling for her mum. The carer made her comfortable and then put her back to bed at midnight the carer heard a loud thud mum had fallen again cracked her head open and was unconscious she dialed for the paramedics.

I went straight to the local hospital but the ambulance was diverted to a bigger hospital owing to mum's deteriorating condition. On arrival mum was placed on life support and taken for a brain scan. When I arrived the nursing unit manager explained mum's poor condition and the Dr came with the results of the scan he said there was substantial brain injury.... three major bleeds and where her head cracked opened the bleeding behind that was causing pressure on her brain.....there was nothing they could do. Mum never regained consciousness her life support was turned off at 3:30am and she died at 4.40am.

Mum is free from all the misery of the last eight years and is finally on her way home to the place she so longed for with her beloved mum. Mum was a very genuine caring and gentle soul she'll be sorely missed the tears are for our loss as we could never cry for a soul set free. Her journey has ended.

Mum's wishes were to be cremated at the same cemetery as her mum and her ashes scattered to the four winds.... within the cemetery, but that is no longer allowed. Tomorrow hubby and I will travel to make funeral arrangements and hopefully find some alternative about the ashes. Dearly, I would have loved to place mum along side dad who we buried eight weeks ago but that's not to be we will endeavour to fulfil her wishes. Regards Taffy.

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Oh Taffy,

I am so sorry to hear about what has happened and I send sincere condolences. Mum is now free but you have more of the journey yet to do and I am sure you will find a way around fulfilling mum's wishes!

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Taffy.......

.....we have followed your mother`s and your struggle for such a long time. I`m so sorry for your loss. You have been such a devoted daughter, I know you will feel it deeply.
Please accept my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences.
Love xx

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Taffy,

I'm so so sorry to hear about your mum's passing and send sincere sympathy and caring thoughts to you and yours.

What a journey you have all been on...

I hope that in time the happy memories will provide some comfort, you have always done your best for your parents.

With love
Tina

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Taffy

What a dreadful shock for you! You must be devastated.

But your mum is now free from illness, and with your dad again. It's what she wished for.

As you say, you are left with the pain of her loss. But you have always done your best for her, and she died knowing that you loved her.

Take care of yourself now, you have a lot to deal with, and it's a stressful time.

Please come back when you can and let us know how you are.

Love,

jude1950

Mar 23, 2006
Lincolnshire
Dear Taffy .
So sorry to hear of your loss I will offer a prayer for you to help get you through this difficult time , try to console yourself with the knowledge that mum and dad are now reunited and at peace.

love Judith

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
I am so sorry for your loss Taffy, your words about a "soul set free" reminded me of this poem we had at my sister in laws funeral. I have added it below.

Take care of yourself love and hugs.

Linda x

When I come to the end of the road
And the sun has set for me
I want no rites in a gloom-filled room.
Why cry for a soul set free?
Miss me a little - but not too long
And not with your head bowed low.
Remember the love that we once shared,
Miss me - but let me go.
For this is a journey that we all must take
And each must go alone.
It's all a part of the Master's plan,
A step on the road to home.
When you are lonely and sick of heart
Go to the friends we know
And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds.
Miss me- but let me go!

ANON

Last edited:

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Dear Taffy

I was so sorry to read of your mum's passing, you must be in bits, my thoughts are with you.

You and mum have had a hard journey, but you have been wonderful

Take care of yourself.
Love
Cate xxxx

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Taffy

Your moving post had me sobbing this morning.

You are right though, about a soul set free. I felt that at the end too. The tears will come and go but you have done such a good job with both your parents and I cannot even imagine what you are going through losing them both so closely.

My love to you and your families at the sad sad time.

Mameeskye

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Dear Taffy,

I am so sorry to hear the news about your Mum, especially so soon after the loss of your Dad.

We joined TP at around the same time, so I have always kept an eye out for your posts.

As you rightly say, the tears are for your own loss. Your mum is free and in a much happier place.

Take care,

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Taffy,
I am so sorry to hear of your mother's death. Your post was beautiful and very touching.

I'm also touched by how you are trying to carry out her last wishes. Would you feel better if you put some of your mother's ashes with your dad and scatter the rest? That way, you will have something to go to visit. I think that's very important for some people and I think it's a good compromise.

Love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Dear Taffy:

Just to add my deepest sympathies also. You must be so shocked and devastated. I hope you gain some comfort in knowing she is now at peace with your Dad.

Take care of yourself now.

Love Jan

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Dear Taffy,
So sorry to hear your sad news, but you are right, your Mum is free and the tears you shed are for your loss.

never cry for a soul set free.

These words moved me to tears, this is can only be the ultimate wish for our loved ones.

God bless you and yours, may you find happiness in memories of your beloved Mum. Take care and am thinking of you.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Dear Taffy,

I was shocked and saddened to read about your mum.

I wish you and your family peace..and strength to deal with your loss.

Sincere condolences.

love gigi xx

j.j

Jan 8, 2007
dear taffy
read your post with tears and sadness my thoughts are with you,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Taffy

I am so sorry to hear your news ... but not surprised in your fortitude and selflessness in dealing with it ...... You have been an amazing source of support to me - as no doubt many others - throughout your own trials ..... for which, thank you.

I hope you find come comfort knowing mum is now in the 'great care home in the sky' ......

Please stay in touch and know that friends are here for you.

With my love, thanks, respect and sincere condolences, Karen, x

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Another Angel in Heaven

Dear Taffy,
So suddenly after loosing your dad and now your dear Mum.
I send you sincere condolenceses from all my family to you and yours.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this very hard time.
I will p.m. later.
Love from Christine xxx