Heaven bound...........

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Thinking of you, Taffy - you are a special person, and you seem to have already found the strength to see beyond your own grief. You are an example to us all in 'setting your Mum's soul free'. Take care!!

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Taffy I am so sad for you, but the end of the journey has come.

I am not sure what your mum meant by scattering her to the four winds, perhaps you could have some of her ashes buried with her mother, and the rest placed on a mountain top - is that allowed? Is there a favourite hill that she had? My dad had a specific request when he died, and I had to go along with it, but I wish I hadn't. But at the end of the day, does it matter Taffy, your mum has gone, you looked after her, did everything you could do, much love to you.

Margaret

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Taffy

Just thinking, but most graves and other memorials can usually accommodate a small cask of ashes. Please do ask so you know what your options are,

Margaret

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Thank you

Thank you all so much for your kind and caring messages. I am beside myself with grief and my thoughts are all over the place.

I have arranged mum's funeral service for next Monday and it's even in the same chapel as her mum's was conducted ( there are four chapels ).

Margaret W said:
I am not sure what your mum meant by scattering her to the four winds,

At the cemetery they use to dedicate a place where the ashes could be scattered to the four winds of heaven. The ashes were scattered free into the air and winds just carried them until they landed. If there were no winds the ashes just fall where they fall.

It's now illegal to scatter ashes unless on private property or so many miles out to sea. I thought a option could be to bury mum's ashes in the rose garden without being in a urn....that's not allowed either. I'll just collect her ashes and bring them home. Well before mum got dementia she asked us kids to make sure she was cremated at 'Rookwood' and her ashes set free.

I'll set her ashes free and I'll have a plaque on the Remembrance Wall in the same cemetery as dad.

Love Taffy.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Dear Taffy, I'm so sorry to read the distressing news about your mum. Thinking of you and sending you sincere condolences. Love Deborah

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
Dear Taffy,
I was sorry to hear that your Mum had died.
My Mum died last year and we scattered her ashes in our Church garden. There is also a memorial bench with her name on and we planted a memorial rose in our own garden at home.

I hope that the funeral goes well on Monday.

Take care,

Best wishes,

Kayla

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yesterday my poor old mum waved me goodbye and with a lovely smile said, I'll see you tomorrow mum. Early this morning I said goodbye to her for the last time

Hi Taffy

So, So sorry to read that your mother has pass away , but I hope for you in the future that your mother last lovely smiling face to you will give you some comfort , when you look back at this sad time xxx

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Taffy, I don't want to add to your grief but it does seem quite common for other cemeteries to allow the scattering of ashes, why is yours forbidding it?

Dad's were scattered in a garden of remembrance, and you could plant a bush there, but we didn't bother. I definitely want my mum's remains to be scattered with him when she dies, so I would be very, very upset if it was forbidden.

Hope you find an acceptable solution.

Love

Margaret

PS if they don't allow my mum to be scattered with my dad, then I know where his favourite field was when he was a boy, and I'll scatter them there, and no-one will ever know. These little things are important to us. Rightly so.

Love again

Margaret

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Margaret W said:
it does seem quite common for other cemeteries to allow the scattering of ashes, why is yours forbidding it?
Dear Margaret,

I live in Australia and can only speak for the state I live in....scattering of ashes is banned and it is something to do with pollution. Ashes buried in the earth must be placed in a urn....bodies in a casket with the exception of those who's religious beliefs dictate otherwise.

Margaret W said:
PS if they don't allow my mum to be scattered with my dad, then I know where his favourite field was when he was a boy, and I'll scatter them there, and no-one will ever know

That is what I'm going to do, dad is laid to rest near the beach and our winter is coming the strong winds come in from the ocean and the sea is to cold for swimming the cemetery is secluded and surrounded by native bush. Love Taffy.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Taffy, only just caught up with your sad news.

Your dear mum is at peace now, and can rejoin your dad.

Hope that you can find some oasis of calm and peace for yourself.

Thinking of you,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts