Hearts and Brains project update

Sarah Day

Sep 28, 2004
Gordon House, London
My focus so far has been to initiate awareness of, and interest in, the Hearts and Brains project and to generate ideas for implementation.

I distributed a questionnaire in the first few weeks to seek an understanding of where the gaps in services are in relation to vascular dementia. The results of that analysis so far appear to point primarily to a lack of relevant information to explain vascular dementia and what people might expect in terms of symptoms, treatments and care.

Many people have already given an indication of the sort of resources they would find useful and I would welcome any further contributions which can be made by responding to the 'researching your needs' post on the vascular dementia forum.

Information booklets and posters to explain vascular dementia will be available early part of the new year. In the meantime, anyone interested in getting involved in the project or requiring further information about vascular dementia should contact me on 020 7306 0606 or by email sday@alzheimers.org.uk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jprollet