Heartache

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
So Dads been gone almost two months & the emotional wreckage is crippling
Heartache doesn’t really describe the feeling ...
I’m not in a great place...

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Bless you.It’s to be expected . Take care of yourself for however long you need it ..((Hugs)))

Jale

Jul 9, 2018
Two months is no time at all, try to take one day at a time and look after yourself, I'm sorry I have no other words that will help other than to say you are not alone

YorkshireLass

Feb 15, 2017
Ilkley
Sending a massive hug. It's a difficult time. My mum ended surviving the horrors of Alzheimer's after almost three years of being anxious, frightened and only settled when she was asleep.It will be three weeks tomorrow and her funeral is not until a week on Friday. Extreme mixed emotions ranging from overwhelming sadness to relief that she no longer has to suffer her life of absolute torture. Time doesn't take it away but it does help you to cope. I understand and it's dreadful. Sending lots of love xxxx

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Oh DoD bless you sweetheart, grief ebbs and flows like the tide. One day you think you're doing fine the next you hit rock bottom. It's still early days be kind to yourself.

(((Hugs)))

Kikki21

Feb 27, 2016
East Midlands
As everyone has said, it is still early days. I know like me, you are self employed & therefore it is difficult to get back into it all. If you have a cushion where you don’t have to go back to work as such then take it if you can.
I had no choice unfortunately & it was all too much, too soon.

Pete1

Jul 16, 2019
Hi @DesperateofDevon, it is totally understandable. Have you thought about bereavement counselling? Perhaps if you saw your GP they may be able to arrange it? I ended up going 6 months down the line and it did help - I probably should have gone earlier but in typical bloke fashion I waited until I was a breaking point. I wish you all the best

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Hi @DesperateofDevon, it is totally understandable. Have you thought about bereavement counselling? Perhaps if you saw your GP they may be able to arrange it? I ended up going 6 months down the line and it did help - I probably should have gone earlier but in typical bloke fashion I waited until I was a breaking point. I wish you all the best
I have looked into it when the tummy mummy pasted away 18months ago; sadly the waiting list is huge & my needs aren’t as great as others- which is a positive.

aged mothers needs have started to take precedence over mine - but hoping to be a little kinder to myself!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Actually met up with a new (ish) neighbour & had her over for coffee ... wow that’s huge step forward for me!

silly little things normally taken as ordinary behaviour seem exhausting

but very proud of myself ( for not cancelling!!)

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
So living with heartache is another life lesson that I seem to be on a slow learning curve (with peaks & troughs!)
Having a virtual diary via TP & the support/ wisdom of so many is vital to my grief process. Sign of the times!
I just wanted to say thank you to you all, those who are part of this journey & the fact that you read, reply, etc blows me away
X