Healthcare Commission

plastic scouser

Sep 22, 2006
Hale Village, Liverpool
Hi all

Has anyone had any experience of pursuing a complaint about a health authority with the Healthcare Commission.

Whilst my Dad was still with us I put in an official complaint to the local health authority about the general standard of care that he had received, along with a specific complaint about one of the mental health nurses that was "allegedly" supposed to be looking after him & my Mum.

Of course all my comments were refuted by the local health authority but I was told that to complain further I would have to take my case to the Healthcare Commission...I've filled out the forms etc but wonder if it's worth carrying on - ie I'll just be given the same spiel by another part of the government....:( :confused:

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Hiya,
well worth pursuing!
As a healthcare professional, I can tell you that the Healthcare commision are very pro patient, and will take your complaint very seriously.
They are a Department of Health organisation , and are there to ensure and enforce excellence in safety and care standards.They will be objective and will treat your complaint fairly and sympathetically.
As a unit manager I have to report any patient complaints to them on a monthly basis and belive me they show no mercy!

Good luck with your complaint.

Ally xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
That`s very good to know Ally.

Stuart, whatever the outcome, your complaint will be recorded. That in itself can`t be a bad thing.
I hope you get some satisfaction.