Health supplements

grevus

Nov 4, 2014
Has anyone any idea of what (if any)health supplements help with dementia or with halucinations.
My wife settles down a little after watching some videos made by our son of who is who in the home (me my wife him & his wife) and a look around the room we were in (our home & his) but gets bored if shown too much.:confused:

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Provided you're eating a healthy diet nothing more should be necessary, however, I do give my wife Omega fish pill and a general multi-vitamin every day on the basis it can't do any harm and they only cost pennies. I have taken on board all the healthy eating advice so we now eat a much larger variety of thing than we used to and I've even found recipes for things we don't like but really should eat (like broccoli).
Having read all about the supposed "super foods" the only ones that I have included is coconut oil and turmeric (both have been discussed on here before), there seems to be some evidence they may help, I've no proof either way but my wife seems to be doing OK compared to some and again they only cost pennies. If there is an issue with eating there's some good advice on the factsheet (link below) which I found useful when I was caring for my mother a while ago.
K
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents_info.php?documentID=149

karenjoy

Feb 19, 2014
Southend on sea essex
Hi my mum who is 91 has had dementia for 8 years now she still lives with my dad who is her main carer. We have all had health vitamins for years. My mum used to have bad hallucinations untill we tried Bachs flower remedys we wouldn't be without these now it has helped her a lot.We give her the night time ones has these helped her with the bad dreams she used to have. Give them a try and hope they help as much as they have with my mum.

Mossyanne1

Feb 10, 2015
Hi my mum who is 91 has had dementia for 8 years now she still lives with my dad who is her main carer. We have all had health vitamins for years. My mum used to have bad hallucinations untill we tried Bachs flower remedys we wouldn't be without these now it has helped her a lot.We give her the night time ones has these helped her with the bad dreams she used to have. Give them a try and hope they help as much as they have with my mum.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Mossyanne1

Feb 10, 2015
Thank you for that advice, I will pop into the health food shop tomorrow, I'll try anything that helps. My hubbie has been having really bad nights and has recently been regressing, he keeps looking for his Mum and has become very agitated.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

karenjoy

Feb 19, 2014
Southend on sea essex
Hi hope they help your hubbie give them time to work don't give up with them like I said they have really helped my mum.She still says things like where is her mum and dad and she wants to go home but she does not have the bad dreams like she had before we tried these drops . Good luck x

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife