headshave

jackie711

Apr 12, 2007
north east uk
hi everyone. Mam was diagnosed with alzheimers at the end of last year, aged 60. We are one of the lucky families who receive support from a nurse and mam is on arricept. Last week i decided i wanted to do something to raise money for our local branch of alzheimers society. So i decided to do a sponsored headshave on July 20th :). Only 2 days ago i printed out my sponsor form and have already received over £320 worth of sponsors! Isn't it fabulous to see how much people really care? It's made me realise just how many lives alzheimers actually touches!just wanted to share my good news, much love, jackie

jackie711

Apr 12, 2007
north east uk
thanks Hazel :)
I dont think im being brave though, the way i see it is, it's only hair, which will grow back. My mams memory won't return, so i'm happy to shave it......who knows, i may like it :D

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Jackie, your idea must certainly have drawn attention to you, and to Alzheimers.

jackie711

Apr 12, 2007
north east uk
update

Just to let you know, I had my hair shaved yesterday, it looks dreadful but will grow :eek: . So far my total stands at £900. Thanks to all who sponsored me :)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Well done Jackie. I should imagine with your newly shaved head you might attract even more attention, and donations to go with it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew Fargher