Head pain.. Alzheimers symptom???

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
Hello all posting about dad again I'm a bit concerned because recently dad has been complaining about pain in his head it seems to pass quickly but from what I can gather it seems severe, dad has mixed dementia alzheimers also vascular dementi... Does anyone know if this is a symptom.. Maybe worth mentioning to his gp??
Thanks in advance for any info.. Exhausted 2015 xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Hello all posting about dad again I'm a bit concerned because recently dad has been complaining about pain in his head it seems to pass quickly but from what I can gather it seems severe, dad has mixed dementia alzheimers also vascular dementi... Does anyone know if this is a symptom.. Maybe worth mentioning to his gp??
Thanks in advance for any info.. Exhausted 2015 xx

Hi exhausted :)

I think any severe pain is worth mentioning to the GP. I don't know whether this would be specifically linked to dementia, but even so, I'd discuss it with the doctor :)

Lindy xx

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
My BIL had vascular dementia and my sister noticed that extreme headaches were usually followed by small strokes which are of course the cause of the VD. I would see your GP as advised above.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
Pain in head

Get him to the dentist, even if he has no teeth!
Closely followed by the GP, if the dentist finds nothing, or cannot give a quick appointment(1-2 days)
Don't hang about!!

Bod

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Pete used to say 'oouch' and put his fingers to the side of his head. From what I could gather it was a sharp, stabbing pain that came and went very quickly. Pete had Alzheimer's not Vascular dementia.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
My BIL had vascular dementia and my sister noticed that extreme headaches were usually followed by small strokes which are of course the cause of the VD.

Not always. My husband's VD wasn't.
However, I think with anything that affects the blood supply to the brain being disrupted, either by blockage or narrowing of the arteries or by the plaques of Alzheimer's, then pain is a likely possibility.
After all, it's the spasms of the vessel that can cause migraine.

exhausted 2015

Jul 5, 2015
stoke on trent
My BIL had vascular dementia and my sister noticed that extreme headaches were usually followed by small strokes which are of course the cause of the VD.

Not always. My husband's VD wasn't.
However, I think with anything that affects the blood supply to the brain being disrupted, either by blockage or narrowing of the arteries or by the plaques of Alzheimer's, then pain is a likely possibility.
After all, it's the spasms of the vessel that can cause migraine.

Thanks all again for the comments I thought maybe it was the vascular dementia that could be causing it I will call the doctor on Monday xx