bob could not cope i felt like i cant cope anymore
but calm him down ---
love bel x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
sorry i am crying trying to relay event got bob sorted

playing down the fact we had been broken in to
they had kicked in door panel and taken till only 20 pounds or so in it but till cost a lot more
got over it but he is on edge now noise out side to night he is passing going down to see whats going on
i feel like i am loosing the plot
love bel x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Oh bel, what more can happen to you. I just don`t know what to say to you.

I can only send love and sympathy xx

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Bel, I am so sorry that this happened. I am fortunate that I have never been robbed (touching all the wood that I can find) so I can only imagine how upsetting this must be. It's not just the damage and the till replacment, although that obviously is going to be difficult, it's the violation. Hopefully Bob will calm down a bit.

Love

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
I realise that it is easy for me to say "stay strong", but together you will pull though this.

Can only try to imagine how upsetting it has been for both of you, but you have to do reassurance for two.

Thank you for sharing, I sincerly hope that our good wishes to you will make you realise how loved and appreciated you are here on TP.

So sorry sweetheart.

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks connie

to know we are loved on tp means the world to me
i am so sorry its always doom and gloom from me but i am trying to be daft and put a light hearted thread on today

we went out to get shop a board in before closing --just paid a lot of money for it --gone guy from down the road drew up his boot open a board in side kids had nicked it for fun
in the face of things its nothing
love bel x

elaineo2

Jul 6, 2007
leigh lancashire
Dear Bel,these things are sent to try us and often do at the most inappropriate times.Try to find strength in what you have and got what you have lost.A difficult and hard time can always be met with an attiutude,an attitude that may make you feel like you have lost.Sit back think about what you have lost and what you still have.Its a cruel world that we live in,but it will only change if we make it so.love elainex

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Bel, I'm so sorry this has happened. Why do awful things always happen when we are feeling at our worst?

Try to stay strong, love. You've got lots of friends here.

Love,

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
i fear for my sanity

but the support of all of you helps me make it to the next day
i think some times i am trying too hard with bob but i feel i have got to do the best i can do
i am so alone in this apart from you all
god bless you all love bel x

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Dear Bel

What a horrible thing to have happened on top of everything else .... just an idea - but how about contacting 'Victim Support'? Friends of ours who were shopkeepers used them when they had been robbed - said they were marvellous ...... nothing to do with the amount of money that was taken, just the experience .... you need to rally all the support you can get .......

Much love, Karen, x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Tender Face said:
.... just an idea - but how about contacting 'Victim Support'? Friends of ours who were shopkeepers used them when they had been robbed - said they were marvellous ......

That's a really good idea, bel. I had a friend who worked for them, and I know they're very helpful.

Give it a try, as Karen says, you need all the support you can get.

Love,

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Bel,
I am sorry to hear about all your troubles of late. Times have been very difficult for you and some how you always find the strength to carry on. I hope that lady luck smiles on you soon. Take good care. Taffy.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear bel.

Have you considered Karen`s suggestion of contacting Victim`s Support? it is a good idea and you will never know what help is there for you unless you ask.

Another thing I was thinking about.
Could you find out if there is a support group near you for couples? Some are run by the AS and some are run by the day centres.
If there is, would it be possible for you to close the shop for half a day and go to one of these support groups with Bob.

Dhiren has just started to attend a memory clinic with me. He likes it. He sees other people in the same situation as he is, sees they are all ok but have no memory. Some speak, others don`t, but they sit together and with the help of an OT spend 90 minutes helping each other. they are not all old, some are young onset like Bob.

I`m hoping eventually it will lead to day care for Dhiren. I wondered if you could start something like this with Bob.

Love xx

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Dear Bel

So sorry about your break in, as if life isnt hard enough. Your local Police should be able to advise on Victim Support, and maybe Neighbourhood Watch, that might help a bit with any future worries you may have.

Sending you a huge hug.

Love

Cate

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
thanks all victim support i think is not right for us

at this time
i am trying to get bob to play things down
i feel for him to live through that moment would upset him more
so i am letting it go for me --all they took was till and bit of money in it --later on when customer said put 2p change in alz box we noticed that had gone that hurt
but i cant have bob worrying about this rubbish
we are not having another till for a bit --bobs idea just a tin out back i agreed cos i dont know how much longer we will be able to run shop
love to all and thanks
bel x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Bel:

I think you are wonderful - in all the troubles you are more worried about your Bob than anything else. Good for you.

Hope you have some better luck soon.

Best wishes Jan

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Bel. It must be very trying for you. Any burglary or robbery is upsetting but when you have other things to cope with as well it must be more difficult foryou.

I do hope everything gets back to normal for you soon and you find the strength to cope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart