He 's walked out to go and see his mother who is ill (but has been dead 20 years)

SandyRose

Mar 9, 2020
What do I do? How do I react to this? Also today, he got clothes down to go to work - to a place that closed 25 years ago. He can get quite aggressive in tone if I say so.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @SandyRose
can you follow at a distance to see he's safe
maybe find a way to get ahead and meet him saying all innocently 'lovely of you to meet me and walk me back'

if he shows any signs of aggression back off and let him be

added:
can you hide the clothes when he won't see you hoping he doesn't notice ...don't mention anything to him ... if he says anything about work say it's the weekend, he's on holiday to do some jobs at home and make up something he can do

about his ill mother ... maybe say you'll go tomorrow as it's late, cold (an excuse) today ... or best to leave her to rest under doctor's orders ... get him to write a card to send her (won't matter if he actually does)

might he have seen the news about the virus and added all up wrong ... maybe stop watching for now ... keep TV to quiet programmes he enjoys

If you don't go out too, play things down when he gets back, don't ask him anything, maybe have a treat ready as a distraction and just say 'oh good, you're just in time for ....'

maybe look into getting a tracking device just in case, so at least you have an idea where he goes

email his GP to let them know about the walking out and his aggressio so they are awars, and maybe a tweak of meds may help him settle

Last edited:

SandyRose

Mar 9, 2020
hi @SandyRose
can you follow at a distance to see he's safe
maybe find a way to get ahead and meet him saying all innocently 'lovely of you to meet me and walk me back'

if he shows any signs of aggression back off and let him be

added:
can you hide the clothes when he won't see you hoping he doesn't notice ...don't mention anything to him ... if he says anything about work say it's the weekend, he's on holiday to do some jobs at home and make up something he can do

about his ill mother ... maybe say you'll go tomorrow as it's late, cold (an excuse) today ... or best to leave her to rest under doctor's orders ... get him to write a card to send her (won't matter if he actually does)

might he have seen the news about the virus and added all up wrong ... maybe stop watching for now ... keep TV to quiet programmes he enjoys

If ypu don't go out too, play things down when he gets back, don't ask him anything, maybe havea treat ready as a disgraction and just say 'oh good, you're just in time for ....'

maybe look into getting a tracking device just in case, so at least you have an idea where he goes

email his GP to let them know about the walking out and his aggressio so they are awars, and maybe a tweak of meds may help him settle

SandyRose

Mar 9, 2020
Thanks for all that, it is so difficult to know the right way to respond. ~He is back now and seems 'normal'. He has a tracking device, fairly new, since he got worse 3 months ago. It is a CPS Guardian 2 watch which tracks (among other things) but tracking is the reason I bought it.

SandyRose

Mar 9, 2020
Yes, he's back to what passes as 'normal' nowadays. How, HOW can he go so completely 'off' in his mind
but now be relatively ok again. Getting quite stressed, I know what I should do - just go along with it - but it is hard.