he looks awful now

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
Hubby is so grey looking, so thin,stuggles to keep head up. He now has thursh and a UTI don't no if he has the strength to fight this one off. He only had custard today. The next 7 days will tell.Its so cruel.Four weeks ago he had asperation pneumonia due to swallowing problems. The infections are now coming one on top of another. Its so hard to watch.

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Oh! Chip how painful for you watching him go through this I wish I had words to help but wanted you to know I am thinking of you and sending you a big (((((hug)))))

Linda x

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Dear Chip,
I too want to let you know that I'm thinking of you.
Yes, it is unbearable to watch and it is terribly cruel.
I really feel for you both.
Sending you Love, Hugs and Strength,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear chip, I'm so sorry your husband is so ill.

The constant infections are so like my John's, but John continues to eat and looks well.

Is your husband on any treatment? I had to fight to get antibiotics this time, and I don't know how much longer they'll prescribe them.

Love,

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
chip. We can only do what we can.

The powers that be can only do their best.

Now comes the longest, hardest part. The waiting part.

I can give no encouragement, only hope. Hope for tomorrow, hope for an improvement, hope to carry on another day.!!

May tomorrw bring all that you would wish for. Connie.x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It has all been so difficult for you Chip. I`m so sorry.
You have tried so hard to make things as good as possible. What more could you have done.
And now you have to watch him fade even further.
I can only imagine how this is affecting you.
Take care
Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Chip,

It is such a painful time for you. Hope is all we can do at times like these. There are plenty of hopeful wishes coming your way.

Caring Thoughts, Taffy.

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Oh how awful for you, I'm so sorry. Youre very brave and strong, and have done your very best. I think he knows how much you love him and will be comforted when you are there. My thoughts are with you. "HUGS". x

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
They are calling in psychiatrist, GP and Social Worker. They don't know what is happening to him. Could this be something else wrong or part of the Dementia? They have to keep lifting his head up, he still wanders but falls and hits things, he is still very gaunt and drooling. He is a handfull and classed as high risk now.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I do hope they can help him chip, even to make him more comfortable. It must be so painful for you to see.
Take care xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Chip,
I can't imagine how you must be feeling...as Sylvia says..I do hope that there will be something they can do to help your husband.
My love and very best wishes..Gigi xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Is it possible that he is overmedicated? Overmedication can cause swallowing problems, falling problems, all kinds of things. I have recently had my mother's meds reduced because of this. The staff thought she was developing swallowing problems when in actual fact she was groggy all the time from her meds & that's what caused the swallowing problems.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Just to say that I am thinking of you both. THis blessed illness causes such nightmare things to happen to our loved ones.

((((((((hugs)))))

Mameeskye

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Chip, he really does sound in a bad way. I'm glad they're calling in the professionals for a review. I'd ask about his meds, Joanne may be right, and he may need to have them reduced. Let us know how you get on.

Love,

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hi Chip
I was so saddened to read your post. i hope you can get some kind of reassurance soon. My Dad had a similar episode in November, it was very frightening. As it turned out it was medication induced. A gp had prescribed incorrectly... i'm not saying for one moment its the same reason and i'm sure the medics will look at all possible causes and try to make him feel a little better.
take care
Hendy

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Chip

So sorry to hear about Robert, but is he on a cocktail of drugs?

When mum was in hospital, it sounds like, she had the same symptoms as your husband.

She was moved to a continuing care home where they reduced medication, so now instead of near dying (as we thought and we were told by the consultant) she is once again eating and mobile and causing havoc.

Love
Alfjess

chip

Jul 19, 2005
Scotland
He is only on the drugs for seizures and asthma but was put on antibiotics as well yesterday. The Nursing Home think something else is going on. I have now come down with a cold so can't go in. I'm waiting to see if the Social Worker phones me.

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Look after yourself, Chip.

Hope they find out what's going soon. It must be hard for you not to be able to visit.

Love Gigi xx

janjan

Jan 27, 2006
Birmingham
Chip, sending you a big [[hug]].As i know how you are feeling right now as we are currently dealing with similar circumstances as you at the mo. Its so hard to find the strength to carry on watching our loved one's when they seem to be fighting infection after infection.
My mum was ill as well last week, so i was visiting both of them during the week as well as work and family.
Bro as taken over this week as i was ill myself by the weekend.
Well I'm fighting fit now so off to visit dad again tomorrow.
The real sad thing is when i visit he cries when i talk to him and its so difficult to not join in as well. I hope things improve for Robert soon.