He can move!!!:)

x-lauren-x

Mar 6, 2007
Hiya
I have posted before about my uncle being in hospital and waiting to move to a care home- we found a lovely local home but were waiting for the results of an assesment but the home to decide the level of care he would need. We hadnt heard anything for a while but today my mum phoned the lady at the home and she said she had done the assesment and my uncle could move to the room we had chosen and she was happy the home could provide the right care for him!:) She also said that she had spoken to my uncle and he said he was happy to try the home out, because he wants to have some freedom but have some help if he needs it- he said he donesnt want to go back home as he cant manage. I think when the lady said all of this me and my mum did a big happy dance in the lounge!! we were so hoping this would all come off and now it seems it finaly is!! the lady fro the home said she needed to confirm a few things with my uncles SW but that by wed this should hopefully all be sorted out and he could move very soon. Just wanted to share a bit of happy news with you !!!!
hope oyu are all well xxxxxx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Brilliant news, Lauren!:):):)

I'm sure your uncle will be much happier in his own room, being looked after 24/7. And you and your mum will feel better about him too.

Now you can look forward to some lovely visits, without having to spend time worrying about the day-to-day stuff.

Love,

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Horray!!!!

I'm so pleased to hear your very good news. I have been in a similar position to yourself and I know just how euphoric and happy such a positive result can make you. Good news is so sweet!!

xxTinaT

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
She also said that she had spoken to my uncle and he said he was happy to try the home out, because he wants to have some freedom but have some help if he needs it- he said he donesnt want to go back home as he cant manage.

Now that is great new :) Thanks for sharing am so pleased for you all

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
It`s wonderful news Lauren.

When I think back to when you first posted, how worried you were and what a sad state your uncle was living in. And now it`s all turned out well for all of you. No wonder you and your mother were dancing round the room.

Please tell us when your uncle moves and how he settles.

Love xx

DuskStar

Mar 22, 2008
Lauren,

Thats such good news. Homes and their staff can provide such wonderful support if you find a good one. The staff at my Granpa's home were always so kind and gentle to both him, and me. Best Wishes to you and your Uncle.

Sarah