Having my wife back

azzar

Dec 2, 2014
Last night I took my wife who has Dementia to see Neil Diamond in Manchester, she has been a fan of his for as long as I have known her 48 years. I was very wary of doing this I didn't know how she would cope and am I glad I took her for over 2 hours she sang ,clapped and danced to his music it was like having her back to the person she used to be.
So sometimes you can turn the clock back I know for short periods but it well worth it.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How wonderful! I have goosebumps just thinking of it. I'm so pleased for you both.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
A warm welcome to TP azzar - thanks for such a lovely first post - what a very special outing for you both.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Welcome to Talking Point and what a wonderful first post. It must have been so magical and as a Neil diamond fan myself I know what it must have meant to your wife to see him and enjoy his music. Well done.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
We saw him at the O2 in London some years ago. It was fab but the best show we saw has to be Rod Stewart. The guy's a legend. :cool:

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
To be honest I don't think it mattered who Azzar and his wife saw. The important thing was that Mrs A had such a very special time and Mr A felt he had his wife back. :)

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
Azzar,

Your post was a joy to read. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time together.
Thank you for inspiring us.

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
I had my hubby back today only for a few mins, this is going to make you laugh, l was gardening, cutting back shrubs, had the wheelie bin which was full up so got inside to crush it down, but l couldn't get out as the rubbish in it sunk to the bottom, hubby was in the gazebo l called for help, he came to my call and helped me out calling me my darling l am here, he hasn't called me that for many years, l felt so choked up.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's so lovely Pamann.

(No photographs of you stuck in the wheelie bin I suppose!?:D)

pippop1

Apr 8, 2013
Dvd?

Azzar, how lovely. Do you have a DVD of a Neil Diamond concert that your wife might enjoy at home? It might be a good gift for her.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
That's such a lovely post to read.
What a pleasure it must have been for you to see your wife respond so happily.
You took a a gamble and it paid off wonderfully. Well done to you both. :)

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
I had my hubby back today only for a few mins, this is going to make you laugh, l was gardening, cutting back shrubs, had the wheelie bin which was full up so got inside to crush it down, but l couldn't get out as the rubbish in it sunk to the bottom, hubby was in the gazebo l called for help, he came to my call and helped me out calling me my darling l am here, he hasn't called me that for many years, l felt so choked up.

How lovely pam :) xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point