Having extra help in these challenging times

Karladaisy

Apr 16, 2020
I keep seeing in the news to report your neigbour if you see them having visitors to the house and the way covid infection rates is increasing it looks like it could go down the route of no mixing with other households.

I am my grandads sole carer he lives with us . However I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have a 5 year the thought of not having my mum come weekly to help me is close to tipping me over the edge . Does anyone know where I would stand ?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Karladaisy

Are you in one of the areas which are in complete lockdown now? Isn`t your mother in your `bubble`?

Surely it will be acceptable for her to continue to help you.

Karladaisy

Apr 16, 2020
Hello @Karladaisy

Are you in one of the areas which are in complete lockdown now? Isn`t your mother in your `bubble`?

Surely it will be acceptable for her to continue to help you.
Yes we are.
My mum isnt in our bubble as her household consists of 2 people she isnt alone.
I'm going to call a dr today for calcification.

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @Karladaisy
flip this around a little .... you live with your grandfather and help him out but your priority is your child, your pregnant self and very soon a newborn infant (best wishes for you both) ... your mum visits to provide care for your grandfather ... it is accepted that informal carers need to continue to provide care whatever restrictions are in place, and no doubt your mum is taking sensible precautions when she visits

actually, it sounds to me as though you need much more support ... maybe it's time to have the LA conduct a care needs assessment for your grandfather, and a carer's assessment for you, and arrange home care visits ... though I appreciate you may be considering that this will bring more visitors into a home with currently 2 vulnerable adults and a child ... sadly, maybe it's time to reconsider whether you can continue to provide the level of care your grandfather needs and look after a young family