having bad time

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi Saturday night I fell over and sprained my foot , at first I thought I had broken it ,I was on the floor and the pain was very bad, it has made me realize how bad Peter is ,I ask him to pass the phone so I could phone my daughter, but he give me everything but bless him he just didn't know what I wanted , I managed to crawl to the phone and get her. Now I am really worried that if I really ever need some one in an emergency what can I do, he was really worried about me, anyone got any ideas on this x Christmas

Merry Christmas every one hope you have the best you can xxx

San 'Fairy' Ann

Jun 28, 2014
merseyside
Hi Saturday night I fell over and sprained my foot , at first I thought I had broken it ,I was on the floor and the pain was very bad, it has made me realize how bad Peter is ,I ask him to pass the phone so I could phone my daughter, but he give me everything but bless him he just didn't know what I wanted , I managed to crawl to the phone and get her. Now I am really worried that if I really ever need some one in an emergency what can I do, he was really worried about me, anyone got any ideas on this x Christmas

Merry Christmas every one hope you have the best you can xxx

Hi
Would a flip chart with pictures of things you may need in an emergency work?

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Could you organise one of those emergency buttons to wear, for yourself? I forget what they're called. My neighbour wears one around her wrist, like a watch, or you can get them on a lanyard to wear around your neck.

If you fall, you press the button and it either informs a service, who will contact people for you, or you can get ones that will simply dial your nearest and dearest, having been set up with their numbers beforehand.

That way, you take your dear husband out of the equation altogether.

Alternatively, carry a small mobile phone in your pocket at all times! But you'd have to always wear things with pockets!

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
oh dear christmas, sorry to read of your sprain - I hope you can rest your foot.
CollegeGirl's idea is a good one - dad had a system which linked to the phone - he wore a pendant, which wasn't intrusive at all. If he pressed the emergency button on it, someone from the system spoke to dad over the phone to keep him calm and find out why he had pressed the button AND I got a call, as I was just 5 mins away - they would also have called 999 if they thought was required. This was put in by SS and gave me a lot of peace of mind.
best wishes for a restful, peaceful Christmas

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
I have my phone on me but this time it was in the kitchen I forgot to take it out my hand bag I think I will go with the alarm thank you so much for your help xxx merry Christmas x

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I have my phone on me but this time it was in the kitchen I forgot to take it out my hand bag I think I will go with the alarm thank you so much for your help xxx merry Christmas x

It is worth talking to your Council telecare department - there is lots of technology to help and often they will install it for nothing but it is a postcode lottery! Beate has lots of knowledge about telecare xx

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew2024