Haven't been on for ages!!

MrsP

Mar 19, 2005
Hi to all. Yet again it's been months since I've managed to log on (too busy having a baby!!). My Dad is now just over 2 years since diagnosis and progressing slowly. He came to visit over the weekend which was lovely, but he has lost a lot of weight. I noticed a few changes (it's been a while since I've seen him unfortunately) but on the whole he's doing ok. He remembered all the advice he gave my husband about the garden on his last visit and checked that it had been followed!!! Suppose I want to reassure people that there is life after such a devastating diagnosis. I thought at the time that that was the end of life as we knew it (which of course it was) but as things are declining slowly it's not quite the gut-wrenching painful experience I was expecting. It's still hard to see him struggle with the simple things but at least we are still able to laugh together, which I will savour for as long as it lasts. Hope everyone is well, love Kate xxx :D

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Congratulations on the birth of your baby (tell us more!), and thank you for your positive post. Is your father on any medication? Enjoy all the good times you have together.

Best wishes!

MrsP

Mar 19, 2005
Dear Nutty Nan

Dad is on Aricept and has been for about 18 months, which we feel is making a difference and DEFINATELY WORTH THE £2.50 A DAY THANK YOU N.I.C.E. In fact it is working so well that his dose was reduced by half and he's still managing well. He does have some bad days, but don't we all.

I had a baby girl in August (my 2nd daughter) who is now 11 weeks old and beautiful (if I may say so myself!!). It took Dad a while to get here to visit but it was lovely to see him, especially playing with my older daughter who loves her Grandad dearly. Unfortunately his spatial awareness isn't good and he found it difficult to hold the baby which was a bit upsetting for me, but I tried not to show it; it was all so different when I had my first child and I treasure the photo I have of him cradling and singing to my baby. But that was before.........

Anyway, my post was a positive one so I'll stop before the tears start!!

Good wishes to all, lol Katex.