have you seem this ?

cris

Aug 23, 2006
Chelmsford
Maggie, I guess you need the sound on. I will try that tomorrow. I will say I do not usually view "you-tube" and I always treat these sites and postings with suspicion.
cris

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
cris:
One assumes, as this is accessed via the AS site that this is legit - why would you think it wasn't? I am resaonable certain that the Alzheimer's Society wouldn't link to it unless they had checked it out. It isn't possible for a link to appear on the News page without the society's permission.

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
cris said:
How do you know it was not "staged" ? ?

You're quite right, cris, it was staged.

If you read the messages underneath the video, the second one is from the director, abpc. He says that is the film is dedicated to his grandfather, who had AD in the 80s.

He says he didn't handle it well as a teenager, but would handle it better now.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
But none the less valid for that, I think. Or do you not agree?

Jennifer
(who caught a ^&&(^% cold on the plane coming back and is feeling a bit sorry for herself)

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Not sure. I was doubtful about the first part, and that was before I had read the messages. It just seemed unrealistic that he was sitting in his chair, totally unresponsive and uninterested in the mail, then he was out 'posting' letters.

The second part was more credible, the arguments rang true, but unfortunately the sound was poor, kept stopping and starting, so I couldn't really judge.

Just my opinion, of course

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968