Have Vascular dementia

Discussion in 'I have dementia' started by granma, Oct 13, 2015.

1. granma

granma Registered User

Apr 15, 2014
    Somerset
    I am really unsure what I am doing but I`ll do my best, so here we go. I was diagnosed in June of 2014 with VaD and other (possibly AD) time will tell I guess. I have been trying to get on here ever since but keep doing SOMETHING wrong. Anyway I was given medication which has been helping but not feeling too good at the mo. Am still very positive and happy though. Have a wonderful husband and daughter, son-in-law and grandsons.

2. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    Hi granma

Nope-you are not doing anything wrong. I have just replied to you in the chatroom-but you have answered my question about family and friends. Welcome to TP-we have quite a few members who are suffering from Dementia themselves-they are an inspiration.

Hope you become a regular poster

Take care

Lyn T XX

3. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Welcome to TP :)

4. granma

granma Registered User

Apr 15, 2014
    Somerset
    Thank you Lyn. I will do my best, and will get and give more details as time goes on but for now, enough, I am very tired today and will rest now but do feel very please with myself that I have finally been able to made `contact`!:)
    Bye for now granma

5. granma

granma Registered User

Apr 15, 2014
    Somerset
    Thank you Cat27 granma

6. Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    How are you feeling today granma?

7. granma

granma Registered User

Apr 15, 2014
    Somerset
    Hello Cat27

Much the same I am afraid, but hey ho that`s life isn`t it. The sun is shining, the trees are a beautiful colour and albeit a little cold it is really beautiful out there.

8. Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    I love Autumn.

9. AmandaMarie

AmandaMarie Registered User

Oct 16, 2015
    you are right ,the autumn colors are so beautiful.I hope you are feeling better today ((HUGS))

10. Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
    Welcome to TP Amanda :)

11. granma

granma Registered User

Apr 15, 2014
    Somerset
    I realise now that what I am feeling is going to be the `norm` for a while at least. There is so much beauty out there at the moment, albeit that today it is raining here in `sunny Somerset`. There is so very much to look forward to each day,! granma:)

12. granma

granma Registered User

Apr 15, 2014
    Somerset
    Is there anyone on Talking Point who, like me, has Vascular Dementia? I would be only too pleased to hear from them. My typing is getting slower and I realise I have to read everything thru twice (just in case of errors). :)

13. Lindy50

Lindy50 Registered User

Dec 11, 2013
    Cotswolds
    Hello granma and welcome to TP :)

Please don't worry too much about errors. It's good to get things right but no-one's going to think badly of you if you don't!! :cool:

I hope someone with vascular dementia will reply to you soon.

And thank you for reminding me to appreciate the good things in each day :)

Lindy xx