Have to smile!!

Redpoppy

Jul 31, 2012
Glamorgan s.wales
I was fast asleep earlier when I was suddenly woken up by the most horrible sound, which I thought was the smoke alarm. I got up quickly still half asleep and rushed to get a tea towel and a stick to stop it(after checking there was no fire). I asked my husband if he was OK,then prodded the alarm only to set it off!! Turned out to be the husbands radio alarm! He had knocked it off the bedside cabinet and tipped his glass of water. After 2 mins which seemed like 10 I managed to silence them both,but goodness knows what my neighbours would have been thinking--we live in an apartment. I can laugh about it now,but at the time I was scared stiff.It will take a while for me to settle down to sleep again tonight. I can see the funny side of it now,but wasn't amused at the time. My husband will have forgotten about it by the morning,but I won't!!

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Oh my goodness what a rude awakening!
Im glad you managed to sort it and hope you can get back to sleep again soon
xx

irismary

Feb 7, 2015
West Midlands
Hi redpoppy
My husband got up about 7am and I checked he was just going to the loo (he manages on his own sometimes) but the next thing I heard was a door opening downstairs so I shot out of bed and ran downstairs just managing to get to the alarm pad and put the code in as he moved into the kitchen which would have set it off. Now it was a more civilized time but not sure the neighbours would have appreciated our alarm going off at 7am on a lovely quiet Sunday morning. Not sure why he went down normally he just gets back in bed. Really pleased it wasn't in the early hours.
Hope you got some sleep or can have a lie in this morning

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I was fast asleep earlier when I was suddenly woken up by the most horrible sound, which I thought was the smoke alarm. I got up quickly still half asleep and rushed to get a tea towel and a stick to stop it(after checking there was no fire). I asked my husband if he was OK,then prodded the alarm only to set it off!! Turned out to be the husbands radio alarm! He had knocked it off the bedside cabinet and tipped his glass of water. After 2 mins which seemed like 10 I managed to silence them both,but goodness knows what my neighbours would have been thinking--we live in an apartment. I can laugh about it now,but at the time I was scared stiff.It will take a while for me to settle down to sleep again tonight. I can see the funny side of it now,but wasn't amused at the time. My husband will have forgotten about it by the morning,but I won't!!

It's good to have something to smile about - you need it :) xxx