Have the CoP screwd up?

mantaman

Jul 10, 2014
Hi,
Like peoples opinion here please.

After what seems a looong time, I finally received the sealed order from the CoP granting deputyship for property & affairs, However...

The application I submitted was to appoint my sister & I as 'Joint & several' deputies, and we included the relevant CoPx forms.
Couple of week ago I received a letter stating the order had been made appointing us 'joint and several deputies' and we were to arrange a surety bond before sealed copies of the order can be issued.
This bond was arranged & confirmed, but the actual sealed order delivered states we have been appointed joint deputies. It makes no use of the phrase 'joint and several'.
Have they screwed up here? or is this the way this is phrased:confused:
My feeling is they have made an error on the sealed copies...

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I would think they have screwed up.
If one of you tries to use the order when it says joint the question will be asked 'this order says joint, where's the other deputy?'

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"...Just can't get the staff these days..."

Peanuts - monkeys?

I doubt it in this case, well the peanuts bit at any rate!!!

It will be put down to a person being slightly remiss whilst under extreme pressure of work.

ASH74

May 18, 2014
Wording is wrong......but not unusual for the CoP ...get back to them ASAP!

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

mantaman

Jul 10, 2014
Thanks for the opinions, I've just fired of an email to them in the hope they will correct this pronto.
Lets see have long it takes them, they made a point of saying the case was now closed on issuance of the sealed copies & anything further should be directed toward the OPG