1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Have the best Christmas you can

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by susie, Dec 21, 2004.

1. susie

susie Registered User

Nov 30, 2003
    shropshire
    I haven't posted for for a while and would like to wish all TP readers the best Christmas you can have under the circumstances. I know it won't be easy for any of us but I hope there will be more laughs than tears.
    TP has been a great help over the year and I hope we make it all in one piece for 2005.
    Regards to you all
    Susie

2. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Susie
    Thank you for your wishes.
    Hoping that you too can have a reasonable Christmas with more joy than the other
    Best wishes
    Norman

3. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    Dear Susie, thanks and Best wishes to you too and to everyone who uses TP. Love She. XX

4. Katy44

Katy44 Registered User

Sep 14, 2004
    Merry Christmas everyone

Thank you all for your advice this year, not to mention just being there to listen to my never-ending rants!
    I hope everyone can manage to have a reasonably stress-free and relaxing Christmas and feels refreshed in the new year

xx

5. Emma-Rebecca

Emma-Rebecca Registered User

Dec 17, 2004
    Devon
    I second that - thank you so much to all of you. I've only been a member for a short while but you've all been so understanding and caring. You really have helped me. Love to you all and a peaceful Christmas.

Love Emma
    xx

6. Chesca

Chesca Guest

Can I third that? Thanks everybody for everything you have done to help me through the mire this year. I send lots of love and many best wishes that times may get just a little kinder to everyone.

Love and peaceful times for the holiday
    Chesca
    x

7. susan

susan Registered User

Aug 18, 2003
    east sussex
    Dear all
    wishing you all a very happy xmas, red wine in hand - thank you all for the support and guidance over the past year Suexx

8. barraf

barraf Registered User

Mar 27, 2004
    Huddersfield
    Dear All

The very best to everyone, no one deserves it more than you.

I raise my glass to each and everyone.

Cheers Barraf

9. freefairy

freefairy Registered User

Nov 2, 2004
    Colchester
    Hello All

A big thankyou for being here, even though sometimes i don't post i know you're there for me and i'm here for all of you too.

Just to let you know, my dad came out of hospital after a 3 1/2 week stay :) mum is happy to have him home, they will be together at this important time of year.

Raising my glass to us all
    Here's to a peacefull 2005

Sheryl xxx

10. Chesca

Chesca Guest

Dear Sheryl

Brilliant news! Hope you, Mum and Dad have a peaceful few days together.

As for a glass in hand! I've had one in my hand since throwing some liquor into something for tomorrow's feasting late this afternoon. Whatever it started out as, it's now a shade of blood orange as I keep adding any mixer to hand! Tastes fine, though. I've christened it Ignorance is Bliss!

Thanks for being there.

Lots of love
    Chesca

11. Sheila

Sheila Registered User

Oct 23, 2003
    West Sussex
    Sheryl, brilliant news, heres to your Mum and Dad, to You, to absolutely everyone on TP and to every carer everywhere and the folk they care for, Happy Christmas, love She. XX