Have recently being having memory lapses.

Windyman

Sep 3, 2015
Get up go to garage, kitchen etc, to pick something up, or do something, get there and forget what it was I intended to do, last night I was in a crowd of well known friends, and forgot 4 of their names, when I was talking to them. I am 65 years old always had a terrible memory for names, but last night it was scary, these are friends I have known for years.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Windyman

I sympathise with your loss of memory for names. I have it too but haven`t to date forgot the name of anyone I`ve been with.

I can also go into a room and forget what I`ve gone for and I will retrace my steps hoping it will come back to me.

If you have serious worries about your memory [ mine with names is long standing and forgetting what I`ve gone into a room for makes me aware , though not unduly worried] just keep a diary of the times which cause you concern so you have something tangible to show your GP.

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
Hi Windy, welcome to TP
I'd go to the doctor's and get a check up, part of what's happening to you is probably "just getting older" there could be some underlying issue though which may be treatable like a thyroid problem. I'd get myself checked out before I jumped to the conclusion it's AZ, it's a possibility but I get everything else discounted first, the sooner the better.
K

chris53

Nov 9, 2009
London
Hi Windyman, a warm welcome to you to Talking Point, pleased you have found us, so sorry you are concerned about not remembering your friends names, it's horrid going blank, however there are lots of medical reasons as well as stress that can cause these additional problems, I know since being a carer for my mum who has Alzheimers, my memory can be worse then hers some days ..yeah because it's doing the thinking for her now:) your GP will be able to do blood tests, for thyroid, iron levels,diabetes and vitamin B levels, all of which can cause these problems and be ruled out or treated, with just a few blood tests,also a urine infection which may not be noticeable can cause memory problems, do express your concerns for a quick appointment to have this done, and we are here for you, whenever you need support, so please do keep posting.
Take care
Chris