Have I Discovered the Perfect Diet?

C

Chesca

Does anybody else do this? Go to the supermarket in a trance, concentration at an all time low through lack of sleep, security guards primed just in case you slip that jumbo pack of Andrex into your handbag as you're making like a shoplifter. You pick up items on the basis that 'ooh, he enjoys that' 'she finds that a treat' 'they just love that muck' and fill your trolley accordingly, only to arrive home £82.14 lighter in the wallet and the only thing you would possibly eat from your trawl is tortellini, a scone, a lolly ice followed by a large gin! I mention this only as I have yet to have lunch and draw the line at gin so early - but only because I have to drive later!

Mum is refusing to eat, although I'm not sure refusing is the right word. She has a terrible chest infection, is loaded with antibiotics and seems extremely sedated. I'm not sure she has the energy to chew, and hope that is the case, or is this the last slippery road to hell? Can't bear to think about it.

Just off to Versace to spend the carer's allowance!
Kindest etc etc
Chesca (size 10)

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Skinny,

Nice to have you back again. A tip here - Drink the gin yourself, give mother the tortellini and a scone and book her in for a dental appointment. Versace do a nice line in matching luggage if you are thinking about leaving home soonish.

Do hope your mother's refusal to eat is not the slippery slope - she may be really having teeth trouble or problems further south. I've had both versions this week with my mother. It's trial and error really to isolate the problem.

Jude

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Chesca, nice to see you back. I found soups, icecream, cauli cheese were the order of the day then, as my Mum also had constant chest infections. Once better, back to normal. Hope you and yours are OK and your Mum is soon over her chest infection, pick up something for me at Versace, only get those when seen at Oxfam as a rule! Love, She. XX

C

Chesca

Dear Jude

Have taken your advice and am feeling suitably mellow.

Mum is recovering from her chest infection and has started to eat, apparently she had porridge this morning! My mother has never eaten porridge in her life and wouldn't have thanked you for it, in fact would have plonked it on your head. The mysteries of AD. Must add porridge to the shopping list!

As for the teeth. She had a small denture, top front which was lost and never found in the hospital - along with the jewellery! Whatever happened to them, somebody must be looking rather fetching! The visit to the dentist when they had to make an impression was bordering on torture for her and in the end I had to ask them to stop and reconcile to the gummy look. God bless her. No wonder she's taken to porridge!

Not too interested in the luggage just yet as the carer's allowance only affords me the strap off a slinky number - sufficient for a small carrier bag.

Gin and scones for supper, yummy!

Lotsa
Chesca (size 8)

C

Chesca

Kriss, More like a waste of space, according to my beloved!

Sheila, cauliflower cheese sounds like a good idea until I remember Mum was not a fan. But as said earlier, neither was she a fan of porridge. Does your local charity shop stock Versace? I'm impressed! I'll be right there for another spaghetti strap.

Am considering going through next door's waste to see if they have anything for me to eat or should I just settle for midnight shopping - just for me; can't - Jude's got me on the gin with the scones. Internet shopping at Sainsbury's is fine alternative but I usually time out with all the choices available. I even look suss on the internet!

Lots of love
Chesca

C

Chesca

Thank you, old beanest (don't mention food!)

And me, you.

Lotsa stuff and good wishes
Chesca