Have been out of action..........

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Have been out of action for about a week, thanks to patches to cure side effects of earlier tablets causing more side effects: vomiting, nasusea, etc etc.

Makes you realise what thin ice we carers skate on. Thanks to friends and professional carers we got by but a day in bed would have been so welcome.

I just pray that nothing really serious ever happens.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Cliff, do hope that you are feeling much better.

As you say:
I just pray that nothing really serious ever happens

As carers we have to look after ourselves. I am glad that you had good friends around. Not ideal, but every little help etc.

Take care now,

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Cliff,

Hope you're on the mend.
I just pray that nothing really serious ever happens.
____

I know what you mean by that...it is a real worry for many of us who are caring..as Connie says we have to look after ourselves but there are no guarantees ..

Glad you have good friends around..they are worth their weight in gold..:)

Keep on getting better..Love Gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Cliff,
I`m so sorry you couldn`t have had that day in bed, becoming ill is a worry that plagues us all.
I hope you`ll soon be back to full strength.
How did Dee reconcile herself to you being ill?
Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Cliff

So glad to see you back. Poor Grommit's been having a hard time from us all, and could do with some support!

I hope you're feeling a lot better now, and that Dee is well.

Love,

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
You are all marvellous.

Kind words are lovely to have and I'm very grateful for them but whilst all this was going on I tried to rally my thoughts around what would I do if...............

Social Services have shut my case and hammered down the lid because I have £20,001+ savings. The clinic is not set up to help in a case like this. Apart from having Dee in the ambulance with me and handcuffing her to a bed rail, I honestly have no idea what would happen.

I'm seeing my GP now she's back from holiday and I'll ask her this very serious question: WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF..... and insist upon an answer.

Love to all you very friendly people

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
Sylvia, you ask: how did Dee reconcile herself to this?

Well, for obvious reasons I miminised the upset to her, but even throwing up in the loo with the door open 'cause I didn't have time to shut it seemed to have zilch effect.

Like the effect of a family member to whom she is devoted, being very seriously ill, Dee seems to have excluded everything from her mind. Of course Dee was the most caring helpful loving person but this disease has taken all the life out of her.

I don't think this is me typing, but...

Love to you and Dhiren, Sylvia.

PS must catch up with the reading now!

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Cliff:
Its good to see you back online.
I think this is a very serious question.

and I'll ask her this very serious question: WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF..... and insist upon an answer.
Please post the answer you receive as I also want to ask the same here.

Take care Jan

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Cliff, I had that situation a couple of years ago when I was rushed into hospital with acute diverticulitis. I was in for a week.

Fortunately, it was during the school holidays, and one of John's sons is a teacher, so was able to come and stay with him. I don't know what we'd have done if it had been in term time. Since then, I've panicked at every threatened flare-up.

I hope you manage to get some emergency cover arranged -- though I hope you never need it!:)

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I echo Jan, Cliff. Please let us know the answer from your GP. In fact, the next time I have reason to see my own GP, I will ask him too.

Cliff

Jun 29, 2007
North Wales
I think the earliest I can see the GP is Friday morning.

At the start of all this she said to ask her if I needed any help so we'll see.

But having had a real week of illness and having to cook and wash while feeling sick has got to me.

I truly don't see see why the Social service people should get away with it. I'm sure the ex-cons now living in Colwyn Bay in hotels wouldn't stand for it.

Or am I just feeling bitter late at night,

It's time to go to bed and hold Dee's hand.

Goodnight and love to you all.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coo