Has This Happened?

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
Moms talking and truly acknowledging me has not existed for several months now. When nurses are in or family she may move her head to see them but not give any sign of whether she knows what is going on. But last nite I went into her room and her eyes were wide open and she tried to speak. You could see in her eyes the despair of not being able to do what she wanted. I slept half the nite in her room on an oversized chair hoping that it might ease her mind and she did fall asleep. This morning she sleeps late into the morning and I wonder.....can a stage 7 person have a coherent moment or did I see a moment when she may have been conversing with "others". Her trying to talk tho' was almost as good as an extra piece of pie at dessert.

Even tho' I know there will be atime when she is no longer little moments still make it all worth while.

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Citybythesea

Yes it is possible for a stage 7 person to have a lucid moment. I experienced this with my Mum a few weeks before she died. She probably took great pleasure that you spent part of the night with her.

I also had the strange experience with Mum and her "Angels" who where with her for a good few months at the end of her life. She was never ever lonely, a fact for which I am eternally grateful.

(((((((hugs))))))

You got some extra pie.

Love

mameeskye

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I have no experience , only when mum seem to be lost into her mind with me , then out of it .

Is a stage 7 the last stage ?

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Citybythesea

Yes, it can happen. It happens now and again with John. If you look at ny latest pic on Worried about John, he is taking notice, recognising me, trying to talk -- and returning my kisses!

That was a wonderful day (last Saturday). Now he's asleep again, and all I can hope for are more days like that.

Make the most of them

Love,

PS Yes Maggie Stage 7 is end-stage. The disease has won.:(

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
Skye,
I did read thru most of those posts and found the pictures you talk of. Mom has the same look or facial hold that your husband has. I hope that you continue to have good days. As for stage 7 being the last, there are days I could add a stage 8 but then...i think 7 stages is enough.