Has Ebixa worked well for anyone ?

West

Feb 15, 2006
Leicester
I would be interested to find out if anyone has had any success with the Ebixa drug in terms of any improvment since the drug was used and how well it has worked for them, Thanks

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Yes I would say Ebixa has help my mum slow it all down, from finding my mum wondering in her night dress in the middle of the night in the street looking for me, naked in the fount room urinating & number 2.whatching the same video 24 hours

Ebixa has stopped all that 2 half years now & mum is not incontinent, & go to the toilet on her own now. Yes need helps with washing & dressing still knows who I am & her grandchildren,

It may not work for every one, but it did work for mum.

Mum is 76 & has never taken any other medication for AD ,beside Ebixa ,mum is also take diabetic tablets

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
My wife Monique has been taking Ebixa for 6 or 7 months now. There was an improvement within days of starting the months 'build up' to the full dose. She is definitely brighter and more aware with it - that was the good news! The bad news is there is a price for this 'improvement'.

Because she is brighter and more aware she is far more conscious of her problems and the fact she cannot read, write, watch television only briefly means that boredom is with her constantly. She is hullucinating badly - well a lot - and I have a feeling that the reality of the hallucinations is related to Ebixa..... Fortunately the 'visitors - events are benign.

I must confess I do wonder sometimes if the awareness and brightness the drug brings actually improve her quality of life..... I get the feeling she is a sadder person with Ebixa but am not certain enough to suggest it is withdrawn...

Michael

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
My husband has been on Ebixa for 4 months, and it has definitely worked:
His mobility is better, as well as his co-ordination. He is better able to understand what's going on around him and what is expected of him, and he seems slightly less agitated, although that does vary from day to day.
He is also more chatty again, and although he doesn't often make sense (to us), it is nice to hear him talk and to feel that he wants to take part in family life.
Definitely worth a try!

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Michael

you just brought a memories back, I remember that my mum was getting hallucinations, she said that she saw my dad on horse & cart I was a bit shock at the time when she told me & all I could think was how did a horse cart fit in the bedroom !!! but anyway I look at the leaflet in the packet and it did say about getting hallucinations being a side effect , don’t worry they do go away & mum does not get them anymore must have been within the year of taking them that it stop .

Galen Jnr

Mar 12, 2006
Dunblane
Ebixa - a positive effect

Although my mother recently passed away on 2nd Feb(following a fractured femur sustained when being put to bed on 27th Dec) for the past 2 and a half years she was receiving Ebixa. There is no doubt that it helped her as prior to this she was being dosed with various anti-phsycotic drugs that made her feel and look awful, although it helped nursing home staff keep her seated and "under control".

Mum was generally a happy and contented individual and her eye contact and responses to stimulation, visual and audible, all seemed to improve and then stabilise after receiving the treatment within a few weeks. Although physically getting frailer we, the family, decided we would continue to fund this treatment for as long as she benefitted from it.

Unfortunatley the NHS still has to be persuaded of its merits so please continue campaigning for its approval.

Regards
Galen Milne

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Sorry to hear about your mother, thanks for your positive feed back on ebixa ,how old was your mother when she pass away ?

West

Feb 15, 2006
Leicester
Thanks for your help

I would like to thank everyone who has rsponded to my post, This has been of great help.

wendy43uk

Dec 22, 2005
sheffield
ebixa what a imrovmeant

hi all johns been taken ebixa for 3 months in that time his smile has returned and he seems to be less afected joining in with the houshold he still sleeps alot but he wakes at 7 am each day were he was not wakeing up till 11am and going back to bed foe sleeps during the day hes been back to the clinic the doctor says his mini mentle was the same as before wich is good news for him the doctor told me soon he wont be able to give ebixa to new people but if uou are taking it all ready it wont be taken away thats ok for john but i hate what that means for others

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Good to hear the news of Ebixa. I am still thinking about it for David but he is going through such a 'sensible' stage I am holding back at present. When we need it I hope I can find someone to prescribe - our GP said he had no experience and seemed to dismiss my questioning him about it!!! Best wishes to all BeckyJan

Galen Jnr

Mar 12, 2006
Dunblane
Margarita said:
Sorry to hear about your mother, thanks for your positive feed back on ebixa ,how old was your mother when she pass away ?

Dear Margarita, Sorry for not responding earlier so I hope I'm using this site correctly?

My mother was 85 and had suffered for past 6-7 years with past 4 being spent in a nursing home. She suffered a fractured femur and the complications of this really were reason she eventually died in February.

Regards
Galen