Has anyone tried a Riviera bathlift?

jeany123

Mar 24, 2012
Durham
It certainly is Stanley, I used to love a soak in the bath especially when I came out of the cold and used it to warm up, I couldn't enjoy a long soak for ages with Allen needing my attention all the time and having to have a quick dip, Of course now we have only a shower in this bungalow and with my dodgy knees I would be scared I got stuck in a bath but I still miss it, I understand why you would like this for your wife, something to enjoy and hope that you find a way,

Jeany x

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Thanks so much Jeany. This looks v interesting. The grab rail (we're due to have some fitted) would help to avoid toppling backwards and of course I'd be able to support her back if necessary.

aalison

Apr 28, 2012
alternative to bath at home

Mum hasn't been able to get to the bathroom for years and was really missing baths. She now goes once a week to a care home for day care with a bath and lunch. It would be expensive if she didn't need so much care at home anyway, but it replaces two two-carer visits so quite a bargain in her situation.

dumpygirl

Nov 20, 2013
derbyshire
We spent a fortune on a Mobility bath, simply because my husband loved a bath and it was something I could do to make his life more enjoyable.

We had a rep from a national well known company round who demonstrated what was available. The most expensive proved the most suitable and so we threw caution to the winds and had it installed.

I`m so glad I did. It gave my husband 18 months of pleasurable baths before he went into residential care and now I have dodgy knees and back problems it`s a godsend to me.

Hi GrannieG

Would it be possible to tell us what you had in your bathroom and found it good. I am looking at the inflatable one and wondering whether to go for it or if there was anything better. We have tried the remote control bath seat and did not find it suitable as you could not get right down in the bath.

Not so Rosy

Nov 30, 2013
Mum hasn't been able to get to the bathroom for years and was really missing baths. She now goes once a week to a care home for day care with a bath and lunch. It would be expensive if she didn't need so much care at home anyway, but it replaces two two-carer visits so quite a bargain in her situation.

What a brilliant use of day care, I had never even thought of that !