Has anyone seen mums nighties

banger696

Sep 17, 2015
North East
I may have mentioned this before but 3 nighties have been missing for months and today another one went. Fortunately I have found todays missing one on the towel rail in the bathroom under some towels. But when mum was really bad she was losing one a day for a few days until she went into hospital.

Also she said to me will they not mind me wearing their nightie, I had to convince her it was hers.

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
Oops sorry, those nighties looked unwanted, so I gave them to my mum :eek: :D

I went through a trying time when mum stopped recognising her clothes. Attempting to replace "like for like" became almost impossible.
I ended up telling her I had got her some new clothes and handed her her trousers she had for a couple of years. I used Lies.... white, green, black.... Any type that convinced mum that her own clothes were ok to wear

Hugs. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Bless her, probably one she wore while in hospital and therefore it belongs to them. You could always tell her they gifted it to her. Back in the day when my mum was getting up at 3 a.m and undressing, I would spend hours looking for her nightie and it was never in the right place, but then none of her clothes are ever in the right place!!!

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Although it might not help your Mum, I labelled Mum's drawers when she went into the home. Undies, Nightwear, Jumpers etc and made a point of telling the staff the she needed to have the things in the right drawer. I could use the excuse of her poor vision, but also it meant that they were always in the named drawer....it seemed to settle her a bit.

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
I can truly say the nities are not in my area of Hampshire.

Bod

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
With mum it was her vests.
Since I have been clearing her bungalow Ive found one wrapped up in a plastic bag at the back of the wardrobe (I found that one quite early on), another one under the mattress and, just recently, one very dirty and smelly one in with her best table linen. :eek:

Pear trees

Jan 25, 2015
They might be in my mum's drawers as she always seems to find yet another ancient grey nightie to wear instead of the nice clean ones I buy and wash for her.
It must be a comfort thing.

Mrsbusy

Aug 15, 2015
My problem is the opposite! I know where my mums poncho is that I bought for her birthday four weeks ago at the price of £25 thinking it would help her to keep warm - IN THE CATS BED! She's chuffed that he likes it so much, I'm not.

Biggest Fairy

Jan 26, 2015
Inverness
And my mum's bras!!! :eek:

I am going to have to guess to get the right size now....she's lost so much weight......

I gave up trying to guess MIL's size. I went for those elasticated bra top things.

Sent from my iPhone using fat thumbs and an inability to remember to proof read.