Has anyone managed to resolve incontinence?

arrowsmith2kuk

Apr 25, 2017
I have yet to find anything which keeps him dry, he is fine through the day amdbits not every night but I've tried pull ups and also we get super absorbant pads from incontinence service but he is still soaking some night, I am now trying both together but that failed last night too!! Only saving grace is a Kyle mat!! Best thing ever as you don't change the whole bed just the mat.

Pots and Pans

Jan 13, 2020
I have yet to find anything which keeps him dry, he is fine through the day amdbits not every night but I've tried pull ups and also we get super absorbant pads from incontinence service but he is still soaking some night, I am now trying both together but that failed last night too!! Only saving grace is a Kyle mat!! Best thing ever as you don't change the whole bed just the mat.
Thanks @ arrowsmith2kuk Yes, have Kylies but not yet needed at night. Currently is urge-based,: just can't get there in time. Some of this connected to mobility issues as when tired just doesn't want to move.
What I would like to know from anyone us:
A) has anyone found medication caused this? Eg Donepezil has this listed as a possible side effect. Worth discussing with consultant as could maybe have lesser dose if so (initial level made huge difference, then doubled without noticeable change other than continuation of improvement begun on first level) Hopefully we will see consultant again in a few weeks.
B) has anyone experience of medication to help an overactive.bladder? I believe there are some things that might help.
Sorry to bang on about this but it really is a major cause of upset for my OH. Every time he has an accident he is either majorly depressed or angry... always wants to tell me about it as it has 'never happened before' so he wants to discuss it. As I am sure many if you will recognise, this is a conversation we have very regularly ,( over past 4 months!)