Has Anyone Here Ever Been Thought Of As BeingToo Laid Back When Dealing With Care Home Fees By Invis

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone!

I'm just interested in asking whether anyone here has ever been thought of as being too laid back when dealing with care home fees? I am doing what Nitram suggested a few months ago to keep the roof over my head but I feel my invisibles may be getting a bit worried about dad's money and the care home fees. Of course I know when dad's money is going to reach £30000 which is when I will be in touch with my authority but I feel that whilst I think about I am trying to carry on with other things such as building up my teaching (Piano and Violin) and caring for dad and looking after the house (by this I mean keeping up with the upkeep and checking up on receipts for a good case to keep it.

I am also trying to keep myself sane and as has been suggested by Philbo in a previous thread sand can be useful!

MaNaAk

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I don’t see how your attitude to the fees is relevant since they must be paid whether you worry or don’t worry about them. Your brothers seem to enjoy buzzing around your head with useless advice. I’d tell them to buzz off.

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
Do you mean they think you should be worrying 'in advance' about what happens when his money runs out (and the house may need to be sold for care fees)?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I don’t see how your attitude to the fees is relevant since they must be paid whether you worry or don’t worry about them. Your brothers seem to enjoy buzzing around your head with useless advice. I’d tell them to buzz off.

Thankyou Marion! I will probably do that one day.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Do you mean they think you should be worrying 'in advance' about what happens when his money runs out (and the house may need to be sold for care fees)?

Yes Sirena! That's exactly what they're worried and of course that it what I think about as well. However I think it is better
that dad has the wonderful care that he is receiving here in this wonderful home
instead of me constantly worrying about him and him being a danger to himself.

MaNaAk

Sirena

Feb 27, 2018
It's funny how you are the only one to see it that way isn't it - when it is you who (potentially) has the most to lose. I see it the same way - my mother's money is all being spent on her care home, she's content and safe so that means it's the least worry for me. Not helpful for the invisibles to badger you about it, when there is nothing you can do about it but wait and see what happens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts