Has anyone had this experience .....

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
It is nice to write something positive today - I visited my OH at his Nursing Home yesterday, he hasn't had a good week with his general health, but when seeing him yesterday he became totally engrossed in making a pattern on his tray with "Dominoes, guitar plectrums and smarties!!

I have never seen him so fascinated in making a pattern. It was precise, and occupied him for about an 1 hour and he was giving a commentary about what he was doing. He was saying some "way out" things about it and I just went along with it as I became fascinated with the thinking behind it.

Has anyone else had any experience of this, I would be very interested, please message me if you like. Regards everyone Silver Lining.:):)

JigJog

Nov 6, 2013
Kaleidoscope

There is an app for dementia sufferers called Kaleidoscope which can be used on an ipad and is much the same kind of idea. It allows you to create patterns similar to the old kaleidoscopes we used to have as children. Fascinating.

Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
There is an app for dementia sufferers called Kaleidoscope which can be used on an ipad and is much the same kind of idea. It allows you to create patterns similar to the old kaleidoscopes we used to have as children. Fascinating.

Thank you - have just ordered wooden multi colour tile pattern toy that we used to use as a child, it is meant for all ages tho'.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister