Has anyone had any coronavirus advice for care at home situations?

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
I look after my mother at home and I'm still not terriblly sure about what action to follow if the virus comes to the home,we have carers that visit at the moment but I feed mum,if mum gets it I won't be able to isolate myself as I will have to feed mum,so I'm bound to get it too,has anyone in a similar position to me had any reassuring information given to them?

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
If one member of the household shows signs of the virus then the whole household has to isolate but carers can still visit so wouldn't they be able to feed your Mum? If you haven't seen it yet, here is the government guidance for households with possible infection. Not all of the advice can be easily followed if you are a carer for someone else in your household so you'd have to follow it as best you can, and the key safety advice remains as it is now, wash your hands frequently and clean surfaces regularly to minimise your risk of getting the infection: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection

occupied99

Jan 3, 2020
If one member of the household shows signs of the virus then the whole household has to isolate but carers can still visit so wouldn't they be able to feed your Mum? If you haven't seen it yet, here is the government guidance for households with possible infection. Not all of the advice can be easily followed if you are a carer for someone else in your household so you'd have to follow it as best you can, and the key safety advice remains as it is now, wash your hands frequently and clean surfaces regularly to minimise your risk of getting the infection: https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection
Thanks ,I think I will have to investigate one of those food delivery companies that deliver meals to the home just in case I can't feed mum, I have no idea how it works,mum has 4 care visits a day and they are double handled calls so no idea how any of this is going to work,funnily enough one of the girls has just left a job job with one of those meals on wheels companies so she will know the workings of it,I shall ask her when I see her again,I'm just going to have to pick meals that would be easy for mum to be fed.
I have diabetes and I'm worried about catching it myself if feeding mum if she becomes ill,I'm going to have to make calls and get things clarified tomorrow,I think the council think that visiting carers will visit if symptoms are mild it's a grey area after that as to what happens if it's worse,and it will depend on spaces at hospital I suppose

Last edited: