Has anyone else heard of an experience so appalling?

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Talking Point is the one place where we can express our anger, sadness and dismay when things go wrong in the care of our loved ones. However what is so frustrating for me, as Ellie has so eloquently and passionately said, is that we need more than just a place to express ourselves. We need to somehow to get together and be able to take action in bringing such experiences to the powers who can change things. In order to do this we must start to collate these experiences and categorise them. Try to see if any sort of pattern emerges. Perhaps we could have some headings on our new Talking Point Website so that our experiences can be recorded, and recorded in detail. For example Headings such as EMI Hospital Wards - EMI Nursing Homes - Social Worker Problems - etc etc. and make these 'sticky threads somewhere. Does anyone think this a good idea??? xxTinaT

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Sorry, I haven't ready everyone's contribution, but my first port of call would be the GP. Wet pads, incontinence problems etc. result in rashes and infections and the GP won't want to be dealing with that. I don't know what stage your dad is at, but my mum is middle stage, and I have never seen anyone restrained in mum's home, and I see most of the residents. Some are quite obnoxious and need removing to their rooms at times, but usually it is just for an hour's quiet time and then they are back.

Ring the GP, say you want to get him out of there (you perhaps have done by now), and into a decent hospital ward while you look for somewhere better. Then put it in writing.

Forget MPs and Media coverage, they don't give results, and have no power to do so.

What an awful shock for you to face. I do hope you can resolve it all - well, you must, mustn't you?

Much, much love

Margaret