Has anybody experience of an interim deputy for finance?

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Just wondering if anybody has had the experience of the COP putting in an interim deputy for finance until a decision had been made about who is going to manage someone's finances. I am unsure how this would work as I have frozen all my Mums accounts (due to previous fraudulent behaviour when Mum was living with someone else) apart from the one her pension and AA is paid into for which I am an Appointee. Hardly any money comes out of the account anyway so I dont understand how this is going to work and don't want to find ourselves in the position where Mum and I don't have any money to buy her pads and get her hair done each week and occasional tea out due to this situation. Ideas??

Last edited:

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hello TMB. Im sorry its not yet sorted out.
TBH I dont have experience of this, but I suspect that the court will appoint an experienced, independent and impartial person like a solicitor not involved with the case.
They will have the powers to look after her finances and I think you will need to speak to them to sort out payments.

tryingmybest

May 22, 2015
Its all a total nightmare and stress levels are unbelievable. I've been told to expect it to drag on for months!!! How can this be any good for mum overall. We need her to know its all sorted and she's safe with me. She's so frightened she will be moved elsewhere and its so unsettling for us all xxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I'm sorry you are still having to suffer like this. I'm afraid I have no experience of an interim deputy but I'm sure they should act in a way that is a support for your mother.
I do hope this gets resolved for you both soon. x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynt68