Hard day with dad.

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Sometimes you just gotta laugh because there is nothing else.
Arrived at dad’s this morning later than normal as the train was late.
Dad was sat in his chair in a bit of a flap as he thought Asda was delivering and I wasn’t there. Calmed down when I said it was next week.
He didn’t want to walk into the dinning room to have lunch. He stayed in the recliner in the lounge to eat.He did make me laugh though as he asked me if I liked his different colour chinos.
Apparently yesterday he fell asleep after the carer made him a cup of coffee and spilt it over himself. It woke him up. His chinos are cream and it has a big stain on it now.
But the carers put it on this morning! How blind are they...

After lunch he fell asleep again for about an hour. His talking is getting less.This is the new “norm”. I took him outside to the garden after lunch in his wheelchair. He only stayed about 20mins as he is now finding it too hot.
Back into the conservatory we go. He has also had his hair washed today (which he hates but someone has to do it.)
Back in the lounge after the conservatory .He walked with his gutter frame. He is very slow now.
He has been yawning all day. He asked to go to bed at 17.30. He didn’t want to stay up longer even when asked.
He said his legs are feeling very heavy and weak. He is struggling so much now walking. It is getting less and less.
He said to me tonight that he can feel himself getting worse...Mmm

Starting on a journey

Jul 9, 2019
Too hot outside!! We were in the lounge and the heating came on.
Poor dad being put in dirty trousers, guess they thought he wouldn’t notice or care...
Sounds like a quiet day for you just another reminder of failing health for your dad.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a clean trouser day!!

TNJJ

May 7, 2019
cornwall
Thanks. He will as I have put them in the washing machine. I put new ones out for the morning when I put him to bed last night.