Happy

maggier

Jan 9, 2006
manchester
Hi everyone

Today I have something good to report

Last night mum came to my house for some tea, and was really jolly and bright and more like her old self. Later on I took her home to settle her for the night and before I went back to my own home we were watching "The Two of Us" the new programme about duets and singing on BBC1.
(rubbish but mum enjoyedit!)

Well to my amazement, she sang along with Nat King Cole's "When I fall in Love" word for word. and she even got up and had a little dance to one of the jazzier songs.

This is more like my mum and if anyone else had turned up they would not have thought this was the same person who had all the other problems that go with AD.

I got a kiss and a love from her before I left and even a thank you for taking her for tea.

How come I always end up crying when I leave there. I am either very happy or very sad but there always seem to be tears. Hey Ho, it's just one of those things but it was great to see her like that if only for a short while. It's good to know she still in there somewhere!!

Love and hugs

Maggie :) :)

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Thank you for posting that Maggie. It must have been so special for you. Hang on to it.

Amy

jc141265

Sep 16, 2005
Australia
How come I always end up crying when I leave there. I am either very happy or very sad but there always seem to be tears. Hey Ho, it's just one of those things but it was great to see her like that if only for a short while.

Oh I know that feeling of confusion! Crazy isn't it!? You cry at the good times because it is a tragedy that this is happening to your parent and you know the good times are running out, and you cry at the bad times because it is a tragedy that this is happening to your parent and because you remember the good times.

And thats not saying that the happy time tears are all bad....I do prefer them to the sad time tears, a least there is a a nice warm feeling at the good time you just had despite the sad thoughts that come with them.

Hugs to you Maggie

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Thanks for sharing those special moments with us. Tears are never far away, but much prefer the 'happy' tears, they are warmer somehow.

Love Connie

maggier

Jan 9, 2006
manchester
Even more good news ......today we found mums wedding and egagement rings which have been missing for about 2-3 weeks. She said someone had "taken them"

Turned up today in a little pot which we have checked about 5 or 6 times already.

I was really sad at the thought that she had lost her rings but its fantastic that they have turned up.

Also carrying on with mums good mood, I am in on a little conspiracy that me and mum have cooked up, she wants to buy my sister in law a little gift for looking after her as she has admitted that she would be lost without her. (this is the person who has nothing wrong and doesn't need help from anyone!!) anyway we have decided to buy her a gold locket from both of us, as she does a fantastic job going inevery morning making sure mum is up and getting mum's breakfast, does all mum's washing and generally makes sure she is dressed correctly etc. She also takes mum to some of her less important appointments which makes it easier for me and my brother to get time off for more serious ones. She has been a godsend and mum looks upon her as her little pal. (sod me and my brother most of the time, but you can't have it all can you!)

Hugs to everyone

Maggie

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Maggie, a little something from mum to you. I am sure she would, if she was 'herself' so to speak. Connie

Attachments

• j0384834.jpg
    j0384834.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 230

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Oh I wish my mother lived near enough to come to tea, and for me to "pop in" instead of the long journey I've had to make too many times.

4 years ago I tried to get her to go on the waiting-list for the Anchor place near me, they have a 2 and a half year waiting-list. But then she said "I'll be dead by then" so wouldn't bother.

She hasn't got anything fatally wrong with her!

Lila