Happy!

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
Mum in care home for over 2 years, had settled well but the imposed lockdown was hard as I used to see her 2-3 times a week. Initially things were OK but the longer it went on Mum sounded upset when I phoned saying she was unhappy & wanted to come home & I in turn felt dreadful.
The home, which have had several cases of Covid, have worked very hard to control it and along with testing have now managed to become Covid free so have started to invite visitors back in- full PPE of masks, gloves and disposable overall has to be worn, visits are no longer than 30 minutes and are either held outside if weather permits or a very spacious conference room.
The other day I visited Mum and it was lovely. Mum was so pleased to see me and me her and she was not in the least bit upset or distressed. She looked well. I could hardly sleep the night before because I had feared that perhaps with no outsiders going into the home things may have ‘slid’ but not a bit of it. When I told Mum I had not been there for 3 months she told me I had it all wrong and I had gone there 2 weeks ago- didn’t I remember!!

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Mum in care home for over 2 years, had settled well but the imposed lockdown was hard as I used to see her 2-3 times a week. Initially things were OK but the longer it went on Mum sounded upset when I phoned saying she was unhappy & wanted to come home & I in turn felt dreadful.
The home, which have had several cases of Covid, have worked very hard to control it and along with testing have now managed to become Covid free so have started to invite visitors back in- full PPE of masks, gloves and disposable overall has to be worn, visits are no longer than 30 minutes and are either held outside if weather permits or a very spacious conference room.
The other day I visited Mum and it was lovely. Mum was so pleased to see me and me her and she was not in the least bit upset or distressed. She looked well. I could hardly sleep the night before because I had feared that perhaps with no outsiders going into the home things may have ‘slid’ but not a bit of it. When I told Mum I had not been there for 3 months she told me I had it all wrong and I had gone there 2 weeks ago- didn’t I remember!!

How lovely to read this.

MaNaAk