Happy & peaceful new year to one and all

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
Hi everyone

Would just like to take this opportunity to wish all TP member a happy & peaceful new year.

We are taking mum to the club again new years eve, she has gone to bed early this evening to rest her dancing legs.
She really enjoys going and keeps it in her mind which is amazing.

Got an email from Louis Blank, author off Alzheimers challenged & conquered on boxing day, says he is doing well, says he did write a follow up book and sent it to publishers 2 years ago but they did not seem interested in publishing it. He runs a cycle club for underpriveledge children in Rochdale

Jan

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
What you say about Louis' book is interesting. Often publishers do not appreciate a market is there.

You may want to point him at 'print on demand' publishers such as Antony Rowe in Eastbourne. These will charge for printing and the final book looks great. Such a book could be sold via AS.

I have helped someone publish two books in this way now by taking their typed copy and photos and putting them in a form the publisher can handle. Actually, it is easy so Louis could probably to it himself.

In this way he would get all the profits too if he did it himself, or AS would also gain if they helped.

thompsonsom

Jul 4, 2004
halifax
louis blank

Hi Brucie

I did say to louis that if he wanted to sell the book, he could aways do it as an ebook on ebay and if didn't require the profits he could donate them to his cycle club but he made no comment.
I did say a lot of us would probably be interested in reading it.

jan

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
WOW - Louis Blanc book was the first book I read after Lionel was diagnosed. Followed his advice for 18 months, can't tell which helped most, book or medication. Thankyou so much for the up to date inforamtion on this remarkable man. Connie

Louis Blank

Sep 6, 2003
Rochdale, England
Visit site
Louis Blank

I haven't visited this site for a while so have only just come across this. :) And there's a coincidence for Connie. My first name is Lionel too. (Lionel Louis Brian Blank). And Brucie, I am not really in favour of "Print on demand" AKA "Vanity publishing". If you can't find a conventional publisher a better way to do it is to publish a book yourself. With modern technology it's fairly straight forward. I printed and published Alzheimer's Challenged and Conquered myself and sold about 3,000 copies to W.H.Smith and other outlets before foulsham stepped in. It was hard work but very rewarding. And of course there was no middle man involved and the only real expense was the inkjet refills.
Kind regards,
Louis

Last edited:

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi Louis, thanks for posting. Good to hear from you. Keep up the good work. Will tell my Lionel of the coincidence tomorrow, but how much he remembers is another thing. Regards, Connie