Happy Nurse’s And Carer’s Day.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Did you known today is

HAPPY NURSE’S AND CARER’S DAY. ITS TODAY ?

My daughter persent me with a envelope with Mummy on it .

Bit taken back what is going on , it’s a THANK-YOU card

You make a difference NOT because you have to but because you care THNNK-YOU

Inside it says A MILLION times over!

Happy Nurses and care’s day with love and some of her own beautiful words.

All I can say is have I told you that I am looking for a home for nanny , yes all the time oppps I forgot .

Then she give me

A book Power thoughts 365 daily affirmations and a book the daily telegraphy Alzheimers disease dr William Molloy

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Maggie,

Happy Carer's Day to you too.

You will always be a carer, whether your mum is living with you or not.:)

Love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
You make a difference NOT because you have to but because you care

That is a lovely post, Margarita. Happy Carers Day to you.
I am so pleased that your daughter has recognised your good work in this way.
Have a good weekend. Best wishes Beckyjan

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
lol @ Sylvia :D

Yes snd she the one who is studying to be a social worker , i wonder if that how she found out , but she doing Voluntary work at a school , must ask her how she found out

Thanks skye BeckyJan

I am wondering now if its carer's week this week .

I am going to put mum on

Waiting list for care home and visit a few of them in my area, its not that I feel guilty that I am thinking about putting mum in are home. It’s just that I keep thinking am I doing the right thing? Is it to early, what if they could get mum in to day centre 5or 7 days a week? What if I am having the menopauses that can make you think your going mad also can be very stress full even thought I am not they yet. :) What if I learn to handle stress more?

Do other cares think like that before care home ?

As today I don’t see my mother , just a frail older woman of herself , I went out last night danceing and I wonder if that has de stress me

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Last edited:

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Happy Carers Day Margarita!

What a lovely family you have, my 4 have given us problems from time to time, but when it matters, they are right there beside me.

Kathleen
x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
How that's a hard Question

Oh I know invite bard pit to talk on TP :)

Or every day we must promise are self, that every day of that week we must treat ourselves with something we enjoy now or in the furture

What would you like to do , that you can not do alone now , that you would of done alone , before caring for a husband , wife mother father grandfather grandmother ,est.

Or maybe you never did anything alone if your a husdand and wife , so now would like to , I don't know , you tell me please , its all to do with helping us cope

Just one thing being realistic , do that One day a mouth .

me I would like to start up swimming again , even if its just one day a week .

what about you ?

Last edited:

elsuma

May 5, 2007
Staffordshire
Nurse's and carers week

A great idea, would just love to be able to do something for myself, never get the time.Iam my husband's carer, disabled, and mymum who is in anursing home EMI, she has been az for about 23 years. I feel I am developing some signs of dementia, so would just love to float off to North Wales and walk around a lovely village I know well. In my head I can

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Welcome elsuma,

If you don`t mind me asking, what makes you think you are developing some signs of dementia ?

It sounds as if you have a lot of responsibility, caring for your husband and your mother.

You will find help and support on TP so I hope you visit the Forum as often as you can so we can get to know you and you can get to know us.

I hope one day, your dream comes true and you are able to return to that village in North wales. Until then, imagining it will have to do.

Take care.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
No its not the same , but that does sound lovely

so would just love to float off to North Wales and walk around a lovely village I know well. In my head I can

Why not in reality, have you never taken respite ?

when did you go they ?

23 year's liveing with AZ! what stage did your mother go into care home , if you don't mind shareing

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Margarita said:
What would you like to do , that you can not do alone now , that you would of done alone , before caring for a husband , wife mother father grandfather grandmother ,est.

I would love to go to Salsa dancing classes.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Now that does sound fun
Salsa dancing classes
and help with the weight :) , thats why I love swimming and yes help with the stress.

PS

If I live near you , I would be knocking on your door and get your son to look after your husband and we could go together :)

and dance our worry away :)

Last edited:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Fancy another move, Margarita?;)

Maybe we could get my husband and your mother to look after each other.

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
:D @
Maybe we could get my husband and your mother to look after each other

That it we are
Starting are own day center .

Only thing is can't take another move , or it be mum visting me in care me :D

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Think BIG!!
Come out to Australia for a visit! Why don't we organise a TP Cruise ship with a very well catered for section for our patients so they too can be cared for and enjoy themselves, whilst you the Carers are enjoying shipboard life!!:D

I promise to be waiting at the wharf with streamers!!
Love from

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Placement in care home

Dear Margarita, I am also looking around at care homes and placeing mum's name on the waiting lists. Like yourself I don't feel guilty about the decision, I know mum is at a stage were it is to difficult for me to care for her alone and as much as I would love to have someone to share this role with, it is not to be.My greatest fear in all of this, is how devasted mum is going to be, her mind is so programmed she does virtually the same things day in day out, it is a real struggle for her getting through each day but I can't get the imagines out of my head of what an impact it is going to have on her,also the likely hood of her going down hill real fast.I hope things go well for you and your mum, take care. Taffy.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Nell said:
Think BIG!!
Come out to Australia for a visit! Why don't we organise a TP Cruise ship with a very well catered for section for our patients so they too can be cared for and enjoy themselves, whilst you the Carers are enjoying shipboard life!!:D

Nell, I love that idea. It's my idea of heaven. I must stipulate, however, no rough seas, and NO VIRUSES!

Love,