Happy,happy ,happy!!!!

PatH

Feb 14, 2005
N.Ireland
Hi Everyone,
I have just returned from a short holiday and during my week away lots happened to Donal but thankfully my daughter was able to deal with everything.
After 4years and 2 months Donal has been placed in a nursing home just 5 mins away from home. He has been there since Friday last. I returned yesterday and was so pleased that so far he seems very settled. I have already taken him out for a short time in the wheelchairand he is feeding very well.
My daughter had big problems with social workers about Kertin chair which he needs but thats for another time as this is a happy day.
I havent been able to decide as yet what way I will plan my visiting but it will be a lot easier than a 100 mile round trip.
All for now as I must go and give Donal his dinner which is at noon.
Pat

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Pat, I'm so, SO pleased for you, it must be such a weight off your mind.

Doubtless there will still be good days & bad days, but as you say - we must be thankful when something goes right.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Pat, that is brilliant. You must feel such a sense of relief, now you can see Donal so easily.
Love Helen

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
So pleased for you, Pat!

Thanks for sharing your good news. :) Well done you, well done your daughter, and special thoughts for Donal... what a difference this must surely make for you!!!

Love, Karen (TF) x

PatH

Feb 14, 2005
N.Ireland
Thanks all

I walked today to the NH took about 12 mins. Have had Donal out on the wheelchair. Took him to the seafront and over to the golf course where he was an avid golfer. Have noticed that a few of the friends that Donal knew are having difficulty coming to us to talk but they will get used to seeing us.Donal has changed so much in appearance.
My head is all a mess at the minute but hopefully over the next few days things will settle.Donal having problems with his bowels but other than that he seems to have settled well so far.
The chair is a big problem at the moment had the OT down today but as usual depends what is in stores and if funding is available.
Take care all
Pat

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Pat,
I think old friends can feel awkward and embarrassed. Maybe you will have to initate some conversations, to put them at their ease a little more. It must have felt good getting Donal back on his old stamping ground.
Love Helen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathleen s