Happy Diarrhoea Festivities!

VonVee

Dec 15, 2014
Poole Dorset
Oh my god, where do I start...

Before I left the house, my mum said to me, ‘oh don’t come near me lady, I’ve got problems down stairs’. And because it’s that time of year, my mind else where naturally, I gave her breakfast, put tv on, gave her medication, made sure she was safe, and I left the house for Xmas food shopping yesterday, it was only when we came back, after my son phoned me, saying Mum, there’s a strong smell of poo downstairs and I don’t think it’s the dogs, that the minute I opened the front door, the smell hit me.... I don’t wish that onto anybody,, I really don’t! Anyway as I neared myself to mums flat, the smell got stronger, and then I noticed it, bits of poo soaked tissues torn up and scattered everywhere, also poo (sorry) hand prints on the walls, skirting, floor, and then I found Mum sitting on the other chair, with no knickers on, just sitting shivering in her vest, that was soaked and dried with poo, from her back end explosion that ended up somehow right up her back, like, what, sereal yes, well yes, this is my life, it’s sucks balls I tell you... Anyway, then I looked down to see the biggest puddle of runny cow pat quality poo, on the floor by her other chair, and then I saw her chair cushion, oh dear, then I noticed a trail of poo going from her chair to her commode, then her bed, which I had to strip off, the smell was just the worse, then in her bathroom, the nightmare awaiting me, oh my god, anyway it took me and my husband an hour and a half to clear it all up, plus her, she was covered, also her clothes.. all the while, my frozen shopping in the utility room, thawing away, because I didn’t have time to put it into the freezer, Mum comes first, we literally dropped everything and tended to her. We got her clean and the room was half done, then I put all the dirty clothes into the wash room, I turned around back towards Mum, and she was sitting in poo again, and I just changed her, and I had to strip her off again, and start from scratch. So I put her to bed at 8.30, as she looked really pale and I’ll, I thought she might have a bug, I didn’t expect her to last the night to be honest.

So today arrived and my son said Mum the smell is back, we were in Sainsbury’s at the time, when we got back, the smell hit me, I went into see Mum, and she’s sitting there, in 4 of my sons t-shirts, he’s 13, and 4 pairs of his boxer shorts, from the washing pile, with no trousers on, and underneath, poo soaked knickers and vest again, and it was all over the house yet again, so in two days it took us like 4 hours to clean it all up.. and Mum confused to hell, telling my husband it wasn’t her fault it was the other dirty others..

How I do this day in and out, I need a medal..

Happy Xmas.. which I. Not interested in

Last edited by a moderator:

smartieplum

Jul 29, 2014
I thought i had it bad. You poor soul, and your poor son. Have you called out a doctor?

Prudence9

Oct 8, 2016
Oh God help you, and your Mum - I hope she recovers quickly, before you run out of bleach!

father ted

Aug 16, 2010
London
I have no idea how you do it, you must have so much patience and maybe one day you will decide you can't do it anymore......
In the meantime, I hope that is the last poo episode and that you have a box of Imodium handy and some rubber gloves should it continue.
Hugs sent to you.x

VonVee

Dec 15, 2014
Poole Dorset
Oh my god, where do I start...

Hi Carmarthen, haha, I’ve just noticed thta, I’ve done 7 loads of washing today...had 3 baths, and I can still smell poo, lol

Before I left the house, my mum said to me, ‘oh don’t come near me lady, I’ve got problems down stairs’. And because it’s that time of year, my mind else where naturally, I gave her breakfast, put tv on, gave her medication, made sure she was safe, and I left the house for Xmas food shopping yesterday, it was only when we came back, after my son phoned me, saying Mum, there’s a strong smell of poo downstairs and I don’t think it’s the dogs, that the minute I opened the front door, the smell hit me, Jesus Christ, the smell, I don’t wish that onto anybody,, I really don’t! Anyway as I neared myself to mums flat, the smell got stronger, and then I noticed it, bits of poo soaked tissues torn up and scattered everywhere, also poo (sorry) hand prints on the walls, skirting, floor, and then I found Mum sitting on the other chair, with no knickers on, just sitting shivering in her vest, that was soaked and dried with poo, from her back end explosion that ended up somehow right up her back, like, what, sereal yes, well yes, this is my life, it’s sucks balls I tell you... Anyway, then I looked down to see the biggest puddle of runny cow pat quality poo, on the floor by her other chair, and then I saw her chair cushion, oh dear, then I noticed a trail of poo going from her chair to her commode, then her bed, which I had to strip off, the smell was just the worse, then in her bathroom, the nightmare awaiting me, oh my god, anyway it took me and my husband an hour and a half to clear it all up, plus her, she was covered, also her clothes.. all the while, my frozen shopping in the utility room, thawing away, because I didn’t have time to put it into the freezer, Mum comes first, we literally dropped everything and tended to her. We got her clean and the room was half done, then I put all the dirty clothes into the wash room, I turned around back towards Mum, and she was sitting in poo again, and I just changed her, and I had to strip her off again, and start from scratch. So I put her to bed at 8.30, as she looked really pale and I’ll, I thought she might have a bug, I didn’t expect her to last the night to be honest.

So today arrived and my son said Mum the smell is back, we were in Sainsbury’s at the time, when we got back, the smell hit me, I went into see Mum, and she’s sitting there, in 4 of my sons t-shiart s, he’s 13, and 4 pairs of his boxer shorts, from the washing pile, with no trousers on, and underneath, poo soaked knickers and vest again, and it was all over the house yet again, so in two days it took us like 4 hours to clean it all up.. and Mum confused to hell, telling my husband it wasn’t her fault it was the other dirty others..

How I do this day in and out, I need a medal..

Happy Xmas.. which I. Not interested in
HUGE virtual medal winging its way to you across the ether @VonVee. You poor dear. Your poor Mum. I'm so sorry. Have been there, know the smell. But I'm afraid I had to laugh at the terribly appropriate and no doubt, sub-conscious typing error where you have mentioned your son's 4 "tee shirts". (Moderator note: typo corrected)Hope this all goes away very quickly for you and your Mum returns to better physical health as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

PollyP.

Oct 8, 2009
Herefordshire UK
Oh you poor things....and to think that we once thought that Alzhiemers meant that you couldn't remember where you put your keys etc!.......

That's so awful and stressful for you all including your son.

((Hugs))
Pauline

rosy18

Jul 23, 2016
Blackpool
I feel for you I really do (been there and got the t/shirt )
Hoping your Mum is feeling better and you have a peaceful Christmas day.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
Sorry to be a bore on Christmas morning but the moderating team would like to remind everyone of the following guideline

Ensure you abide by the forum rules: i.e. please don't use foul language or insults, this includes using **** to obscure them;

Inadvertently posted or otherwise, they will be removed :D

Fullticket

Apr 19, 2016
Chard, Somerset
You poor thing. I was just had a sigh about having to scrape poo off mum's bedding, nightie, bathroom walls and the bedroom carpet but at least she has not got a bug, just didn't have her pants on. Nothing compared to what you have had to deal with. Er... Happy Christmas?

VonVee

Dec 15, 2014
Poole Dorset
You poor thing. I was just had a sigh about having to scrape poo off mum's bedding, nightie, bathroom walls and the bedroom carpet but at least she has not got a bug, just didn't have her pants on. Nothing compared to what you have had to deal with. Er... Happy Christmas?

Ah it’s ok full ticket, I’m used to it, it happens at least 3 to 4 times a months, I just didn’t expect it to happen on the 23 and 24th of December that’s all, but it did, like you, it was in her bedding, and nighty and jeans and pants, on her commode, on the bathroom loo and on living room the floor, on the chairs, I have 2 girl dogs who shot in there so fast that I had to shout out to them to get out or they would of eat it..ewwww, it was an absolute nightmare, but we found out that she was eating laxitive powder, she’s usually contispated, you see, and I give her powder drinks to make it easy for her to go, but it was only when we had cleared it up, that we found the opened torn sachets, so we think that’s what caused it and not a bug, I’ve hidden them now, so hopefully it won’t happen again... I’m not a big xmas fan anyway, and this type of thing with Mum turns me off completely... how can you enjoy it, with all this is going on... I know I can’t... xx